Appeal to UCI, UCSC, UCD, UCSB?

<p>i got rejected to UCI, UCSC, UCD, UCSB and i was wondering what the chances of an appeal being successful? i don’t have much hope of an appeal being successful, but i’m going to try and give it another shot because it can’t hurt…can someone who was accepted after an appeal share their experience? how do i start an appeal letter?</p>

<p>GPA: 3.78 - low
SAT: 1250 - very low
SAT 2: 470(math) 2 450(US history)
*i know i have very low test scores and this is probably the main reason i got rejected to the UCs but i thought i would have a shot at ucsc</p>

<p>Is 1250 out of 1600 or 2400?</p>

<p>Rejected from UCSB? Don’t decisions come out next week?</p>

<p>1250/2400 i know its really low. i tried taking SAT prep classes but i’m just not a test taker… </p>

<p>UCSB didn’t come out yet but i just assumed myself being rejected</p>

<p>Why would you assume that? It’s a bit naive. College Admissions is so unpredictable, you never know</p>

<p>after being rejected 3 times, one rejection followed by another i just don’t have hope. so i just assumed, i know the logic sounds dumb but i can’t help but to think this way</p>

<p>Where else did you apply? did you apply to UCR or UC Merced? Did you apply to any Cal States?</p>

<p>ahhhhhhhhh… that 1250 sat score is def. what cut you short. we have a family friend who is an admin counselor. basically, as far as appeals go due to the extra budget deficits and what not they are pretty much ruling them out all together because they have no room for anyone else. it sucks i know. hope this helped alot of people.</p>

<p>Hey man I really hope you decided to appeal to the schools regardless of small chances/percentages because I just found out that my appeal to UCSC went through! I am currently working on my UCI and UCSB appeals due Thursday and even though my chances are low, my theory is to do everything you possibly can, that way you can live your life knowing that you tried your absolute best. And who knows what can happen?</p>

<p>Oh and bballplyrref, you hope that helped a lot of people? That helps absolutely no one man. If I had listened to you, I wouldn’t have the option of going to UCSC today. Budget cuts might “suck” but the bigger tragedy is not even trying in the first place.</p>

<p>i was strictly talking about uci bud. but good for you</p>

<p>I got into UCSC too with an appeal, but i also appealed to CAL, UCLA, UCI, UC Davis, UCSB, and Cal poly slo – all of the universities i was rejected from…</p>

<p>appeal because you never know</p>

<p>i appealed to ucsc and got in!! yayyy</p>

<p>congrats on UCSC.</p>

<p>consider going to a community college for 1-2 years.
3.3-3.6 GPA will all but guarantee you into UCI, UCD, UCSB and UCSD in most majors assuming you do IGETC, complete your prereqs and complete 60 semester units(90qtr)</p>

<p>Dont fool yourself. Your being an idiot by applying. There are much more admant students with much higher grades applying that can destroy you.</p>

<p>why did you drag this up??</p>

<p>shbule - you have to work hard to reply to a thread from last year. What an odd thing to do.</p>

<p>BTW, if you look at his other posts, it appears that he is now attending UCSC, so your advice was both oddly times and wrong.</p>

<p>Agree with all that…the point I think is most relevant is of course anyone should appeal, why not/ Downside zero, upside huge (with low odds). Take those bets in life all day and every now and then your numbers will come up. Only eeyore (remember him?) would tell people not to appeal, its their life!</p>