Appealing a Rejection

<p>The OP’s attitude makes me want to puke. They rejected you for a REASON… why don’t you understand that? OBVIOUSLY they DO NOT want you. Maybe you can transfer, but stop fishing for sympathy and get on with it, atleast until the new fall 2011 app comes out.</p>

<p>Good luck until then, but PLEASE just relax.</p>

<p>Please.</p>

<p>Brekfastchampion, your rejections from UM-TC and UW simply don’t make sense. There has to be something you’re not telling us. Drug-related arrest? Downward grade trend? No extracurriculars? Negative letters of recommendation? I cannot understand your rejections in any other context.</p>

<p>BFast,</p>

<p>By all means, appeal. That’s what my daughter did. She did not change their decision. But, the process helped to convince her that UW-Madison was the school for her. She went to CC at MATC in Madison which offers an auto transfer to UW-Madison after two years. She is now in her Junior year at UW-Madison in the Nursing School.</p>

<p>She loved MATC, thought she had great professors there, and found it easy to stand out. Her 3.9 GPA there was her highest ever. She also lived her sophomore year at CC in downtown Madison and took a lot of her classes downtown.</p>

<p>So, if you haven’t thought about it, MATC should be considered as an option. It will save your parents a lot of money and allow you to get involved in Madison before you transfer in.</p>

<p>Good luck with your appeal and your parents from an encouraging adult.</p>

<p>Rejection doesn’t mean they didn’t want an applicant, it means based on a relatively cursory examination of some pieces of paper submitted that summarize a high school record, UW feels they have stronger candidates out of a large number of apps for a limited number of admission offers and an even more limited number of freshman enrollees. Some decisions are obvious, some not. Some decisions are right, some are wrong.</p>

<p>And for every rejected student there was a student who otherwise would not have gotten in. Your loss is someone else’s gain.</p>

<p>Do you have a criminal record? Man alive, I know a kid who got a 30 and a 4.0 whose application was pretty much “Look at my scores, look at my grades, accept me” and he got in.</p>

<p>I almost have to think there’s a big mark against you to not get in.</p>

<p>Or his essays and recs sucked. I know a number of kids with 4.0s and 30+ ACT’s. Most got in but two did not. That’s just how it is.</p>

<p>You guys I got onto the extended waitlist!!! I’m so excited!!!</p>

<p>Congrats…did you appeal? What happened? I actually appealed my decision as well and am waiting to hear back. I was postponed originally an am on the waitlist right now.</p>

<p>Yet again, scratch my last post. I got a VERY cold email today telling me that my application got cancelled ='(</p>

<p>ouch man… good luck elsewhere :(</p>

<p>I don’t understand this school…</p>

<p>I am so sorry. You should have been admitted. I was postponed, and then admitted with a 3.23W/3.38UW GPA, and a 29. I don’t know how it happened! I hope that you appealed and were accepted</p>