Appealing a required class?

<p>I am an incoming Sophomore transfer. Unfortunately, UM doesn't accept a lot of the AP scores that my previous school did. UM requires a 5 on the English Comp AP Exam to exempt 105. I made a 4 on both the comp and Lit exams. I also had a 730 critical reading on the SAT, and a 690 writing and amazing rec's from English professors and High school English teachers. I already took three level two English classes at the state school I attended. It would suck to have to go back and take level one courses -- is there a way I can appeal this requirement? I've heard of people with lesser stats successfully appealing 105, but, as it is so expensive per credit, I would like to appeal 106 also. Plus, I know it is becoming increasingly competetive and my stats might not be so "great" in light of recent selectivity.</p>

<p>I think you should be able to bypass ENG105 with your SAT scores. You should definitely contact an advisor. Welcome to the CANE nation! I'm a sophomore too (gonna be in fall) and only been at Miami for one semester since I too transferred but during my 2nd semester.</p>

<p>Thanks! I hope you're right.</p>