Appealing Decisions

<p>I unfortunately got denied from Liberal Arts for "Academic Expectations."
The decision came after I sent my first semester grades, so im pretty sure those were the result, i slacked off this whole year, but im trying harder now and hoping to finish strong senior year. </p>

<p>Has anyone here had luck with appealing? if so, what did u do differently the 2nd time around? A lady in the admissions office pretty much told me just reapply if i have something much better to show, so idk if i should, seeing as its $100.</p>

<p>If you REALLY REALLY want to come to Purdue apply to Ivy Tech in Lafayette for a year. After a year there transfer to Purdue if your grades are good. A good # of students probably do this or go to Ivy Tech cause they got kicked out from Purdue due to GPA but want to reapply.</p>

<p>To be completely honest, if they denied you without asking to see your 8th semester grades, they would deny you even if you got straight A’s 8th semester. The appeal option is for people who have outstanding circumstances, not for people who slacked off.</p>

<p>IMHO, don’t reapply. Do the smart thing and go to a local community college for a year and reapply then, it is cheaper and you get some credits out of the way.</p>

<p>I know that this is probably not the kind of response you wanted, but I really don’t think you will get a better response if you appeal. Liberal Arts doesn’t have a Statewide location like the CoT does, so that is not an option.</p>

<p>Whatever you choose to do, good luck!</p>

<p>Hey weirdperson69 can you post your stats because I’m still waiting for decision and I want to see my chance</p>

<p>gpa 2.1
sat 1710</p>

<p>applied for english major within CLA</p>

<p>my grades improved a bit , my 2nd semester english class teacher is really impressed with my work (i have an A) so i will prob get her recommendation for appeal</p>

<p>purdue is my 1st choice, and i called the admissions office saying htat, and the lady said i would def have to show something really significant to change their mind, so we shall see.</p>

<p>I got denied from Purdue when I applied in High School and I had a 2.78 and 1930.</p>

<p>Seriously, I know you don’t want to hear it, but a Community College for a year is the best choice for you. That’s what I did.</p>

<p>hmm… gpa2.1 and 1710 thats pretty low Grade to get in (Gpa is low) Sat is fine</p>

<p>@MoogooseMuffin</p>

<p>ive gotten into other schools like uconn dude, its just htat purdue was my #1 choice, and u probs applied to engineering</p>

<p>im taking hard classes like ap physics C too</p>

<p>HI Guys I think I am in the same boat,however I am an international. I do not have a terrible GPA ( it is something related to 2.7 to 3.0, because we do not measure the GPA with the same standards). I called them and they said the only academic expectation I did not meet was a Calculus course for the Economics major( the Economics is one new major), however in my university I complete a course that had the same syllabus that most Calculus course present( it covers integration), but was not called Calculus . The admission counselour recommend me to send her this syllabus and she said they will evaluate if there was a correspond, she said me as I applied early they could deffer or appeal my decision. Do you think I have chances to be admitted?</p>