Appealing for UCs?

<p>Should I write my UCD appeal on binder paper?</p>

<p>can anyone help? what kind of paper do I write my appeals on (assuming writing = hand written) and also, can I appeal to more then one UC?</p>

<p>Thats a good question. Maybe nice stationary paper is what they'd like? :O</p>

<p>Definately type your appeal, and then sign it at the bottom. I would make it as nice as you could, to show them that you really mean business.</p>

<p>Write a well thought out letter and type it. Attach any pertinent documentation to support your case and mail it in ASAP. Hopefully you'll get a response before May 1st and the housing deadline. My son successfully appealed UCSD a few years ago. He sent in the appeal the same weekend he was declined and UCSD still didn't let him know until a few days after the SIR deadline that he was admitted. As a result he missed all the housing deadlines and had to be put on a waiting list for the residence halls. That was a major pain because he didn't know that he had housing until the week before school started. </p>

<p>So, put a lot of thought in the letter and write it well. Make it sound professional. The admissions officer told my daugher that there were about 600 appeals last year at UCSD and less than 30 were accepted. She was rejected this year and won't be appealing.</p>

<p>Good luck w/ your appeal.</p>

<p>Should I just make the header say: To Whom it May Concern?</p>

<p>I'd recommend that the letter be in business format. "To Whom It May Concern" is OK. Be sure to include you ID number on the letter. If you don't know what a business format letter looks like PM me and give me your email address. I can send you a sample.</p>