Appliances in the dorm room

Has anyone rented the Microchill sub zero fridge/freezer/microwave through College Products for their dorm room.
My son will be in Mosher beginning fall 2016 and most likely somewhere else fall 2017.
The price is very attractive, at $124 for the entire year rental. If he moves to an apartment for 2017, which is very likely, it would be great to be able to just turn it in.

The interior space looks to be very tiny for two people the share. As for the microwave, it looks like it will pop a bag of popcorn, heat water in a mug or bowl. Anyone have experience with this?

Or are each so small they aren’t worth the rental fee and it is worth buying the largest mini fridge allowed you want to afford.

@Thelma2 Not going to be able to answer your question but I am currently taking a summer class with a lot of students from Texas A&M that came back to my local community college and about 4 of them all lived in Mosher. They said that they experienced a lot of problems with food going ‘missing’ from their fridge. My mom is probably going to spend the ~$200 to get me a minifridge with a lock. With that being said, I would say it would be nice to invest those $75-100 extra for not only a nicer fridge, but also to avoid any of your son’s food from going ‘missing.’

I just realized though that she got it through a huge discount and the chances finding a minifridge that locks for that price will probably be slim. No harm is looking though!

Thanks for the response @BloodShotProZ I think we have concluded that we will start out with the fridge his elder sister brought home from her freshman year and put it on a fridge cart from the Container store (more storage). If missing food becomes an issue, I found a fridge lock on Amazon that will do the trick. I would invest in a combination lock though. Roomie can get the microwave.

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Refrigerator-Door-Lock-Padlock/dp/B002WCIBGY/ref=pd_sim_60_5?ie=UTF8&dpID=411xLdLDfOL&dpSrc=sims&preST=AC_UL160_SR160%2C160&refRID=QGN9JBJ0X0CEN2R2QWD8