Applicants BEWARE You're in for a SCARE!

<p>acarta07,
Are the dorms as bad as they say? How are the teachers? Classes?</p>

<p>Dorms: depends.
the newer University Village Dorms which they have built are really nice but on;y available till sophmore year. but the freshman dorms are not that great. They are def liveable though and most of the time you are not even in them. you are out with friends or in class. The dorms themselves are not that bad at all. The atmosphere in the freshman towers (Hecht and Stanford) far outweighs the old looking dorms. I have enjoyed the atmosphere so much that I am considereing not leaving the freshman towers and staying in hecht next year. </p>

<p>Teachers: They are all very knowledgable and one does learn well and interact in interesting discussions with them given the small class sizes at UM. At every college though you have tough professors and more lenient professors when it comes to grading and for that I suggest you use this website: ratemyprofessors.c0m to guide yourself to picking the right ones.</p>

<p>the freshman dorms do a lot of programming work to help the freshmen adjust...definitely worth living in your first year.</p>

<p>to live in university village, however, you have to have enough credits that you are considered a junior. In addition, unlike with the dorms, these are apartments which you must sign a lease for and continue to pay for it throughout the summer. SO unless you remain in miami, most people look for another student they can rent it out to.</p>