Applicants for class of '12!??!!?

<p>Hey All,</p>

<p>I submitted my application sometime in Novemberish. I have received confirmation that the admissions department has gotten it. Does anybody know if the sooner you apply, the sooner you find out? Or do they not do "rolling admissions" in that sense?</p>

<p>And, when should I expect to hear a decision? =/</p>

<p>I applied mid november but still havn't gotten anything.
Did you use the commonapp or sunyapp? Did you get your confirmation in the mail or is their an online status checker? please let me know</p>

<p>no it doesnt work that way at geneseo. If you apply for early decision you will hear on December 15th. Regular decision around march 2nd or 3rd....they want to take a look as the whole applicant pool at once b/c of the limited number of seats (925-950)..... geneseo wants to make sure they admit the best of the best...gaining admission is very difficult</p>

<p>To mocho22, I applied through the SUNY app.<br>
I submitted it early November I believe. Though it was regular decision. </p>

<p>It's going to be a long wait until March. Oi vey.</p>

<p>I submitted common app like a little before mid november and i just got the parent statement in the mail, but no confirmation however that my application had been recieved and they had everything. I wish they had some sort of online application status</p>

<p>Agreed completely.</p>

<p>My daughter was accepted last year and received her acceptance package the beginning of March. Although she decided not to attend we all liked the school a lot. It is a really nice school. Probably, one of the better SUNY's if not the best. Nice size campus. There may be not much to do in the town but the homes there are really beautiful. There is a nice park up there if you like hiking--it is absolutely stunning. You must also experience one of the best sunsets over the mountains--it is really beautiful.</p>