Application complete?

<p>How long after you apply does it usually take for them to change the status of your application from "not confirmed" to something like "complete". </p>

<p>D applied two weeks ago. I'm wondering if this means that they still haven't received the transcript from the school, or if they just haven't opened their mail.</p>

<p>They need the app, act and transcripts/gc form. I’m wondering whether other letters of rec will show up online? I know one was mailed last week but hasn’t shown up yet.</p>

<p>The GC rec and transcript finally went out on 10/13. Does anybody have any idea how long can we expect to have to wait before UW’s status gets changed from not confirmed? </p>

<p>Is this still a safe bet for D? (Top 2% in competitive pubic, 4.13 weighted GPA, no grade below A-, 35 ACT, 5 hard AP’s all 5’s, full-pay OOS).</p>

<p>We believe my sons GC rec/teacher rec/transcript was mailed around 10/6. All along the status just said they had his ACT and app/fee. On 10/11 that changed to only say they were reviewing his app to see if they had all they needed. On 10/13 it changed to say congrats. Never saw a “complete” status. But that’s in-state. I believe when they get the additional materials they look at them in the order the app itself was submitted.</p>

<p>With that class rank, GPA, ACT, reasonable recs, reasonable ECs, reasonable statements you would think it was a shoo-in but based on other posts here perhaps they are more likely to postpone OOS. Just don’t know. Based on a post in another thread, it would be interesting to know your state to look up which counselor will review it, at least initially.</p>

<p>We’re in Massachusetts.</p>

<p>We’re about a week behind you. Maybe we’ll hear this week. I’m surprised that they changed your son’s status on a Sunday (10/11). Somebody must be working hard over there.</p>

<p>Hmm. Looked at the calendar wrong, it was 10/12 and 10/14, Monday and Wednesday. From watching that site it seems updates are posted overnight sometime, always there first thing in the morning. Monday activity may have been from Friday’s updates.</p>

<p>I sent in three letters of rec with my application, but didn’t use the format on this link: <a href=“http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/images/UW_Recommendation_Form.pdf[/url]”>ACT and SAT Test Optional FAQs – Office of Admissions and Recruitment – UW–Madison. Is that required or simply a suggested way to do the recommendation process?</p>

<p>“The use of this form is optional. Recommenders may complete this form or simply submit a letter of recommendation on letterhead, plain paper, stationery, etc.”</p>

<p>From this page:</p>

<p>[Forms</a> - Office of Admissions at the University of Wisconsin-Madison](<a href=“http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/forms.php]Forms”>Forms – Office of Admissions and Recruitment – UW–Madison)</p>