Application essay?

<p>I don’t think there is one for the regular application, but can someone give me some details on the one for the honors college or for the fellowship programs? I know that you have to be accepted to fill out those apps, but I can’t get my transcript at the moment from my school, and I have to prepare to write application essays by the first day of school for my English class. If anyone would be kind enough to write out the prompt along with how long it is supposed to be I would be very appreciative. Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>I don’t have the essay prompts, but I know that the ones for UHP and IHP are very simple and only require you to write a few sentences to introduce yourself.</p>

<p>Thanks for the response. Do you know if there is any substantial(like 500 word) essay involved in any UA applications?</p>

<p>I checked my sons app from last year. The only essay he wrote was for UHP (he did not apply for IHP or CBHP). The essay prompt was:</p>

<p>Write a short essay about yourself, your career goals, and the way in which you expect the University Honors Program to enrich your academic experience at The University of Alabama. The essay provides us with an opportunity to get to know more about you.</p>

<p>There was no stated word limit. Hope this is helpful.</p>

<p>The IHP prompt is:
Briefly describe your interest in international study and experiences. Please mention what foreign language you intend to study and where you might like to study abroad. Explain how the International Honors Program relates to your career goals. The IHP admits students based on the test and scholarship criteria stated above. (2000 character limit)</p>

<p>the CBHP prompt is:
Write an essay describing those activities that best demonstrate your creativity, self-motivation, independent work ability and passion for excellence. Explain how the Computer-Based Honors Program will help you towards the realization of your professional goals. The CBHP selects 40 freshman students per year for admission into the program based on your high school grades, standardized test scores, achievements, interests and honors for evidence of potential success in the program. (4000 character limit)</p>

<p>UHP and IHP both accept on stats alone and the essay is just a 2-3 paragraph formality. The CBHP essay DOES matter and you have to attach a resume to apply. Fellows have a seperate application and you have to have applied to the Honors College first to see the prompt and apply.</p>

<p>Also the UHP character limit is 2000 as well</p>