Application follow-ups from admissions

If a school does not ask for further financial info, beyond CSS and FAFSA, is that an indication they are not considering?

No — it means you gave them all they need already to evaluate

3 Likes

@GoldRush2 Thank you. Trying to gauge outreach. Hoping March goes out like a lamb :pray:

1 Like

This stretch between mid February and end of March is absolutely awful in terms of the waiting. It’s my second time through it, and even though my D23 got some unexpectedly early admits from a few safety schools, it’s almost as stressful as when her older brother was applying 2 years ago and got no decisions at all until basically March.

Hang in there!

4 Likes

@GoldRush2 It is! My D23 has been accepted to 2 safeties so far, one with great scholarship & a positive comment about her essay. It’s what is getting us through until then! I just find it odd that a school (big public U) who asked for the CSS and FAfSA would ask for more clarification, and most other schools have not.

It depends. Some need further clarity. Some need documents either directly or through IDOC. You should have an admissions and often financial aid dashboard that will let you know your status. As long as they show complete then you are good.

It’s a long wait but assuming the safeties are acceptable you’re playing with house money. And the stress should (hopefully) be minimized !!

Good luck.

1 Like

@tsbna44 Yes, thank you! Good to know that no further info needed still means considering!

Until you get a WL or rejection, you’re still alive.

2 Likes

@tsbna44 Nice!!

1 Like