Application help for an international student

<p>Okay so I am going to be doing my SAT for the first time in November. I am an international student and I’m really hoping to receive some kind of scholarship as out of state tuition is steep. </p>

<p>The problem is that the November test date in my country was postponed from 5th to 19th. I will be sending my scores directly to UA as soon as they come out but will they accept it for scholarship consideration?
UA’s website says that the last test date accepted for scholarship consideration is the national SAT november date but I kind of doubt that my scores will reach in time for the December 1 deadline. Also will the postponing of the date cause a problem? </p>

<p>I am also a little confused about mailing my transcripts. Is it okay if they are postmarked December 1st or do they have to reach on or before 1st?</p>

<p>Any help will be much appreciated :)</p>

<p>Welcome! :)</p>

<p>You should send your transcripts ASAP! Do not wait until Dec 1st to send those. Int’l paperwork tends to take longer. And, if your transcripts are in another language, then you have to have them translated.</p>

<p>As for the SAT, I would email <a href=“mailto:Scholarships@ua.edu”>Scholarships@ua.edu</a> and ask. In the past, rescheduled SAT tests have been accepted. They’ve accepted non-national test dates that states give (like Illinois’ state given ACT exam)</p>

<p>oh okay I’ll mail them tomorrow. I am actually studying in a British curriculum school and am doing my A-levels so all my transcripts are in English.</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>Should i mail my transcipt to them or courier it? And what is the mailing address?</p>

<p>Address</p>

<p>The University of Alabama,
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Box 870132
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0132. </p>

<p>I don’t know which mailing method is fastest for you. You should use the fastest one, even if it’s a bit more money. Int’l mail takes longer.</p>

<p>Courier is fastest. Someone will have to sign on receival of the transcript though.</p>

<p>if you use a courier you will have to have an actual street address…couriers wont deliver to box numbers</p>

<p>really?! my courier service just asked for a phone number and contact name. The rest of the address is the same as if i would have sent it by post. Do you think I should just mail it instead?</p>