Application Question

<p>I submitted my application the other day. However, I now think that my self-reported class size number was well off the actual number. I got the number from an online transcript of mine that was apparently inaccurate. I know that my actual transcript will have the correct number on it, so is this a big problem? If so, is there even anything I can even do about it?</p>

<p>No it’s not a big deal. Many kids don’t know the accurate number of kids in their class…besides at some schools it can change week by week. Unless you’re off by hundreds, I wouldn’t worry about it. </p>

<p>How far off were you?</p>

<p>Bama admits by formula and stats. If you have the GPA, the test scores, and the required high school courses and you apply on time, you’ll be admitted.</p>

<p>I just contacted my guidance counselor for the actual number, and it’s over 200 below the number I had :/. I don’t actually attend the school regularly ( I’m in full-time dual enrollment at a local college) so the number I had seemed reasonable based on when I last attended, but apparently our enrollment has dropped a lot since then. I’ll have the correct number on my scholarship application, if that helps any.</p>

<p>So, since I was a couple hundred off, would it be a good idea for me to email admissions and let them know, or should I still not bother? I don’t want to be penalized for such a stupid mistake :/</p>

<p>I really doubt you’re going to be penalized. I don’t think they expect kids to really know - especially at larger schools.</p>

<p>If you want, you can either contact admissions or contact your area rep and mention it, but I doubt it’s going to make a difference.</p>

<p>Believe me, schools do not want to “punish” kids for innocent little boo boos that don’t really make a difference in the whole scheme of things. :)</p>

<p>What state are you from? Do you know who your area rep is?</p>

<p>Alright, thanks :). I don’t think I’ll worry about it then. </p>

<p>And I’m from Florida, the Tampa Bay area specifically. I’m not really sure who my area rep is.</p>

<p>Hi Kayt123 and thanks for applying to the University of Alabama. Not to worry about your self-reported class number being a little off. As long as the Office of Undergraduate Admissions has your official high school transcript, we can find your numbers on there. If you’d like to check on this, simply call our office toll free at 1-800-933-BAMA (2262). You can also head to our website, [Undergraduate</a> Admissions - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://gobama.ua.edu/]Undergraduate”>http://gobama.ua.edu/) to find out more. Hope this helps!</p>