Application questions

<p>When the online app is able to be sent in on Nov 1st, for juniors (class of 2010), is it better to send it in the first few days or is it ok to send it in like on the 20th? By sending it late but before the deadline, are you hurting your chances?</p>

<p>Thanks in advance for all your knowledge on this important subject</p>

<p>For UCs, it doesn’t matter – (it can for Cal States). Just don’t wait until the last day (when the server crashes due to overload).</p>

<p>thanks for the help, just wondering in case I need to take sat2s again on Nov 1</p>

<p>You want to try to have app in by Thanksgiving because a) you’ll be done and won’t have to worry about it and you’ll enjoy Thanksgiving better and b) the server does get really busy after that. Have gone through this with 3 kids, only one got it filed the last day, computer was slow but UC website has improved since then. Niece did have the server crash on her the last day so she didn’t think her apps got sent but it turned out to be a UC problem so they extended the app turn in until midnight the next day and she was able to resend then. Luck for her! Anyway, just my two cents worth as a parent. Good luck!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Spoilsport! :)</p>

<p>Thanksgiving weekend and UC applications are a long-standing tradition in California! (Not to mention the fact that all your friends are working on theirs at the last minute, so no one to go play with.).</p>

<p>hahaha:) You are right Blue! I was just being a mom. It makes Thanksgiving less stressful for us moms. My last daughter filed her UC app on Thanksgiving day!</p>

<p>we worked with a college guidance company who informed our son that “No complete apps means NO TURKEY”!! We went by those rules for him 2 years ago and will now do the same with our daughter this year! Just makes for a less stressful holiday both for parents and child :)</p>