Application Release Date

<p>You’re welcome. This is our third and last one going through the process. :slight_smile: I found it extremely helpful to grab a three ring binder and insert page protectors for my kids. I placed a check off sheet in the front with deadlines we knew about and they entered the due dates, dates they submitted items, and the dates they received responses. Also, include his PSAT score report, SAT and ACT score reports, transcripts, a photo for id for SAT/ACT, AP log in information, his resume, and anything else he may need such as scholarship applications or log in information, essay prompts for essays he needs to write, and completed essays that may be used for multiple purposes. It makes it simple to keep up with everything and not miss important dates or misplace important documents. Its also portable in case you travel for a visit and want to take a resume. It protects the pages from being crumpled as they are transported and you can easily remove and replace the items you need before any meetings you may have. It worked well for us.</p>

<p>Best of luck to your son. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Practice tests are good, but real test experience is better (IMO). If you can afford the multiple test fees, have him retake the real test several times each. The University of Alabama does not hold multiple test taking against the student.</p>

<p>The reason I say to take the real test several times is because some kids experience test anxiety, taking it more than once gets the student acclimated to the test, the length of the test, the test center and the testing environment thereby helping to eliminate or lessen the anxiety.</p>

<p>I know the fees are steep but they are much cheaper than tuition. if your student can raise his scholarship level, it is well worth the price of admission to the tests.</p>

<p>The other reason I suggest taking both types of tests (the ACT and the SAT ) is because each test follows a different format and some students perform better on one type than on the other. There is always chatter after each test about whether that particular test was easier or harder than the last standardized test. Each test may play better to a particular student’s strength or weakness.</p>

<p>Tell your student to remember that there is usually a non-scored experimental section on the test. They do this to test out future questions. Sometimes this section confuses students and sends them into a tailspin, because they feel as if they do not understand the questions. Remind your student to just plug along and not get rattled by the “weird” questions.</p>

<p>Also, you must take a test with the writing portion.</p>

<p>See the Scholarship FAQS PAGE HERE</p>

<p><a href=“Frequently Asked Questions – Scholarships | The University of Alabama”>http://scholarships.ua.edu/faq/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;