Application Rescinding Policy

<p>I have been admitted to Irvine, Davis, Santa Barbara and Santa Cruz for the Letter&Sciences/Humanities schools. I had a 3.8 weighted GPA and 2240 SAT when applying. First semester of my senior year I also had a 3.8 weighted GPA.
The UCs require a 3.0 GPA senior year and passing all classes.
As of now, I take 5 classes, 4 of them AP. Seeing as its second semester, my grades dropped, so I have a C in 4 classes and a D- in AP Calculus AB.
I can maintain a C in all other classes and maybe get some of them to a B, but I am worried that I would not be able to raise my Calc grade enough to pass the class with a C.
I am considering retaking Calc in community college this summer.
I have heard that a D or F does not necessarily mean that the application gets rescinded, it just means that the colleges will consider rescinding, and the less spots they have, the more likely they are to actually rescind the application.
Whereas I would prefer to go to Davis or Irvine, I am afraid that if I do indeed get a D or F in Calc, Davis/Irvine are more likely to rescind my application since they are more competitive than SB/SC. I also heard that Irvine has a waitlist, from which I infer that they are short on spots.
Can someone tell me what are my chances of getting rescinded for each of those four colleges.
Also, is there anywhere I can find the stats for how many people got accepted to each of those colleges this year and how many spots they have, so that I can see how competitive they are this year.
Finally, if there are any stats from previous years about what percentage of students with a D their second semester got accepted, that would help.
Thanks in advance.
P.S. Let me know if there is any other forum on this website I should post this in.</p>

<p>Sorry to break this to you but... 4 C's and a D- is asking to be rescinded. However, I'm assuming those schools only care that you get a 3.0 or above weighted GPA? I think they also tell you to notify them if you grades fall below a certain letter if i remember correctly.</p>

<p>Actually, UCSC is probably the strictest UC with this policy.</p>

<p>Get the grades up.
Study hard.
Kiss your teachers asses.</p>

<p>You can do it. This is VERY important.</p>

<p>However, I believe UCSB doesn't care as long as you have a 3.0 weighted.</p>

<p>I realize I am at risk of getting rescinded, I just need to know at which college the risk is smaller.
Ok so UCSC is the riskiest and UCSB is the most lenient? What about Davis and Irvine, which one is stricter?
Also, Skadforlife, where did your information come from?</p>

<p>I would send an email right away to each school with a good explaination. Also let them know you are willing to re-take the calc class at a CC over summer. They won't care about C's you just need a weighted 3.0 it is the grades of D or F that cause big troubles. See how they respond.</p>

<p>Is it 3.0 unweighted for both 1st and 2nd semester grades combined or seperately?? Because I got 4 As and 2 Bs First semster, but now I have 1 A and 2 Bs and 3 Cs.</p>

<p>Is the 3.0 definitely weighted not unweighted? Do they allow senior grades the same weighting as with soph/jr years when there is a max of 8 classes to be weighted?</p>

<p>UCSC is the most strict because they don't look at GPA. If you get below a C in any class, you're no longer meeting the terms of enrollment, and you're finished. ):</p>

<p>^^ Yeah....someone has already gotten rescinded for getting a D or F in a class, even though they retook the class and passed it.</p>

<p>Someone on these boards got a D in AP Calc and emailed UCSB about it, and they said that it was fine as long as the total GPA was a 3.0.</p>

<p>I really don't know about Davis and Irvine....</p>

<p>and I'm serious about sucking up to your teachers. If you explain the situation and say you're willing to do whatever it takes for them to give you a C, most of the time they will let you.</p>

<p>Hey thanks for all the responses.
I contacted SB, they said I'm fine. I'm not sure I'm happy w/ going to SB though.
I just realized that I can still drop the class and get a W which is better than D (since I completed my a-g coursework). Are Davis/Irvine likely to rescind me for a W too?</p>

<p>is UCSC really that stringent about having a grade lower than a C in a class? Even if it’s some AP class that technically is not required for graduation?
My scenario right now for second semester senior year is:</p>

<p>Digital Imaging (some easy fine arts class): A-
AP Biology: D
AP English: B-
AP CalculusAB: C
Economics: B</p>

<p>I just talked to an “Admissions Evaluator” at UCSC today and she really didn’t tell me much at all except that UCSC will not do anything like suggesting that I sign up for a Biology course at a community college or anything until basically the VERY last day of school when all of my classes’ grades are final.</p>

<p>As it was mentioned in this thread before, does anyone remember or know the percentage (or can at least estimate it) of high school seniors that are still not rescinded from UCSC because of a grade lower than a “C”?</p>

<p>If you calculate my weighted GPA, it is still at least a 3.00</p>

<p>* UCSC is the most strict because they don’t look at GPA. If you get below a C in any class, you’re no longer meeting the terms of enrollment, and you’re finished. ): *</p>

<p>My brother had a D in a class a few years ago when he was applying as a freshman to UCSC. He didn’t get rescinded. I realize this is anecdotal evidence but I’m not sure where some of the other posters are getting their information from.</p>

<p>My friend got a D in a math class (that she didn’t need) and she got rescinded as a result…it really sucks.
However UCSC is letting her transfer in after a year of community college.</p>

<p>I would do the same thing with Davis and Irvine that you did with SB, call their office. Try sending them an e-mail but definitely get the school’s official opinion.</p>

<p>Hey bro late post, but did you end up getting rescinded?</p>

<p>I am entering UCSB this fall and i too have 3Cs 1A nd 1B right now but my first semester grades were 3As nd 2Bs. Did you get rescinded? im kind of worried about my Cs</p>

<p>all you need is 3.0 WEIGHTED GPA for UCSB and nothing below a C-. You’ll be fine.</p>

<p>I think only UCB and UCLA require unweighted GPA 3.0. Other UCs are fine with weighted 3.0.</p>

<p>xxcollegesxx is right. So in your case, umakeit you’ll be fine! Don’t worry just keep it up!</p>