application status weirdness

<p>I submitted my app like 3 and a half weeks ago, and that shows up on the status check as well as my SAT and ACT scores. But after that, it says that they are "currently reviewing your application to determine if we need additional materials before we can make an admission decision." This message has been there for 3 weeks, and they haven't given any indication if there is anything else that they haven't received yet. Has this happened to anyone else?</p>

<p>Yes. It happened to my daughter. She submitted her application in late October, got the same message that you described for a few weeks, then got the word on Sunday that she was admitted. The whole process took about five weeks.</p>

<p>so her message went straight from "reviewing materials" to accepted?</p>

<p>Now that I think about it, no. She got your message for several weeks after she knew her application was complete, then a day or two before she got accepted the message changed to something else equally cryptic.</p>

<p>The same exact thing happened to me. Mine was like that for more than a month and I could click it and see what they had. Now it says "We have received your application and are reviewing your file to ensure we have all materials necessary to make a decision. Check back here for updates on your application status" but you can't click it. Weirrrrrddddd.</p>

<p>My s got an email today aplogizing for the delay in the processing of applications. It said that it could be another 3 weeks before he heard anything. His school mailed his transcripts in mid-October and they showed up in his application status on November 13. (The mail takes just one day from Milwaukee to Madison....). So...things must be a little backed up.</p>

<p>Just curious - did it seem like a generic email sent en masse? My child's application has been in the review stage (everything complete) since about September 23rd. He hasn't received an email (yet) about a delay. . .</p>

<p>two days after my thing changed it changed to a congratulations that i had been accepted today. they said they are sending my letter. yay!
i submitted everything oct 30 so it took a little over a month.</p>

<p>spiceupyourlife, I submitted my application on the 28th of october and mailed the required materials (trans.) on the 30th of october. My app status has said that it's being reviewd by an admissions councilor for about 2 weeks already. How long did your app go from being reviewed to being accepted? Are you in state or out?</p>

<p>My transcript was sent out on the 14th of November...they still haven't received it. I'm getting a little nervous, because all my other schools have received it for over a couple of weeks already. Hopefully it's just a delay</p>

<p>It's just a delay. I mailed mine on the 30th of October, and they didn't acknowledge receipt of them until November 18.</p>

<p>Madison85 - S indicated that the email was just a mass mail explaining the delay. I asked him to find it so I could post it here, but he said he deleted it and his school email doesn't retain deleted items. However, I wonder if he wasn't looking at this web page from last year Undergraduate</a> Admissions at UW-Madison: Application processing time line update. In any case, this page explains the timeline.</p>

<p>I guess lots of patience is required, although it is hard when others have already heard.</p>

<p>i actually never got anything that acknowledged my receipt. it said reviewing to make sure all my materials were there for over a month. then one day it had the same message but it couldn't click to see what they had and then two days later it said i was accepted. i am out of state though, if that changes anything.</p>

<p>thanks everyone for the responses. I know that wisconsin is very picky about calling for status checks, so I snuck it in- I had to call anyway to change a small detail on my app, and then I asked "btw, since my file's up, can you tell me what you have?" haha. So just because that message comes up doesn't mean that they are missing things.</p>

<p>bump........</p>

<p>My son sent in materials early November, received 11/12/08, after that web site said checking to see if needed additional materials, then on 12/12/08, it said being reviewed by admissions counselor and today, 12/17, when we logged on at 8:00 AM EST it said Congratulations!
I'm curious to know who's inputting their data to the web site because we checked last night around dinner time and it still had the old message.</p>

<p>Ooooh, techmom, you had me excited.... we have had the exact same messages as you, until today that is. Son completed application early November, 11/12 message about checking to ensure had all materials, then 12/12 said being reviewed by counselor, today - no change, BUT maybe that means we will hear something soon. </p>

<p>What state do you live in as I'd think that may be a factor since different counselors review for each area? Also, do you mind sharing his basic stats that led to admission?</p>

<p>Congratulations and Happy Holidays!</p>

<p>We're in NY. He's CR640, M730, W720 and about a 94 average.
Good luck.</p>

<p>I got postponed today</p>

<p>3.65 GPA
28 ACT
Lots of Leadership and EXC
And I'm from Northern Wisconsin</p>

<p>Hang in there, T-Bone! I think that this is the most competitive year yet. According to the UW chart, students with your stats have a good chance of being admitted, so things may change in the spring. What other schools are you looking at?</p>