Application status?

<p>DD submitted her application and it shows they have received it on 9/29. they got the ACT scores on 10/7, but her transcript still doesn’t have a date next to it even though her HS naviance shows it was sent over 2 weeks ago. She is NMSF, so I’m pretty sure she would get in.</p>

<p>She would like to audition for the musical theater track and she faxed her forms for that this past Saturday (we were waiting for the acceptance before sending it in but finally decided we shouldn’t wait any longer and just faxed it), but she had a couple of questions about it and used the contact the counselor page to ask them. We haven’t heard back anything yet. With the audition date of Nov 12th and needing to purchase plane tix if she does audition it’s hard to wait it out. Are we just being too impatient or should we try to contact them again? (Also, we had sent another email to the counselor over a week ago and haven’t had a response to that either). </p>

<p>thanks!</p>

<p>You’re not being impatient …you have an audition issue.</p>

<p>The transcripts seem to be the issue. Do this…</p>

<p>Contact the your area rep
[Find</a> Your Counselor - Undergraduate Admissions - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://gobama.ua.edu/staff/]Find”>Find My Recruiter)</p>

<p>Send a message and ask him/her to check on things since you have this audition issue. Include your D’s CWID number</p>

<p>Also, tomorrow, call admissions. Ask to speak to someone who can look this up. Have the CWID number handy.</p>

<p>That said, your D will get accepted. :)</p>

<p>Since we’re on the topic… how long does it usually take for them to receive my transcript? I requested to have it sent last Wednesday. It’s the only thing they don’t have from me. And how quickly will I be accepted, if I am a NMSF? I’m just anxious to get the whole application process over with and be officially accepted so I can go and buy some Bama gear already :D</p>

<p>Tommy I am basically in the same boat! I sent my transcripts 11 days ago and they still arent showing up! My friend sent hers the <em>day before me</em> and she already got her letter of acceptance last Saturday!</p>

<p>Ugh, I guess I should go check with my school. I think my school is just being slow… we’re pretty clueless down here.</p>

<p>Are you pretty sure you’ll be accepted? If so, you should join the facebook group for class of 2016.</p>

<p>I checked with my school today, and my counselor definitely sent it. I think it might just be Bama’s admissions office because we’re both having the same issue.</p>

<p>I’m eligible for the Presidential Scholarship so I know I’ll get accepted- I just want to get it out of the way so I can do my housing app and enrollment deposit! And I already joined the fb page! :slight_smile: :)</p>

<p>Maybe. They were slow processing my SAT scores too.</p>

<p>Yeah, I’m a NMSF so I know I’m in… it’s great to not have to worry about it :smiley: Are you gonna be in the Honors College/live in Honors housing?</p>

<p>Since we’re on the topic… how long does it usually take for them to receive my transcript? I requested to have it sent last Wednesday. It’s the only thing they don’t have from me. And how quickly will I be accepted, if I am a NMSF? I’m just anxious to get the whole application process over with and be officially accepted so I can go and buy some Bama gear already</p>

<p>Check with your school to see if it was sent.</p>

<p>If so, then have your area rep check…use the link above to find the contact info for your area rep.</p>

<p>Congrats Tommy- I was literally one point off from being NMSF, so I’m only a commended scholar! Oh well, though! Yes, I want to live in Ridgecrest!! Hbu?</p>

<p>@mom: thanks… and it just so happens that my area rep will be visiting my school next week!</p>

<p>@Kourtney: thanks :smiley: Where are you from? The cutoff for Florida was relatively low, so I think I was kinda lucky to have gotten it. And hey - that’s where I’m planning on living too! I’ve heard it’s the new and shiny one and that it’s got the best parking.</p>

<p>Tommy I’m sure you’re brilliant anyway :P. The Illinois cutoff was 213 I think. But yeah, I’ve been inside Ridgecrest…it is gorgeous! I mean you really can’t go wrong with any of the honors housing; it’s all amazing! But Ridgecrest was soooo nice! I’m not bringing a car, but I do know that the underground parking is great. Lots of space!</p>

<p>I just looked it up and the cutoff here was 214… I got it by 2 points (phew!) I think I’ll be driving up. It’s only a 12 hour or so drive. What made you decide to come all the way down south from Illinois?</p>

<p>Well to be honest the money is what 1st caught my eye- presidential scholarship. But then after that I just totally fell in love with the school! I mean it’s a gorgeous campus with so much greenery and I love the stately buildings! And southern hospitality is incredible- people are just so nice! I love the atmosphere of the school and the school spirit! The dorms are sooo nice. Everyone was so helpful and really I just love everything! Lol and also… I despise snow and will not miss it one bit!</p>

<p>yeee, i think illinois was between 213-215… what, is this an fb group reunion now!?</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Ahhh…just a little sidebar chat. </p>

<p>Glad to hear that visits and acceptances are going so well. :)</p>

<p>Wiz…have you applied?</p>

<p>Thanks for your advice! I called admissions this morning and it is the transcript holding up the application. I sent an email to GC who said they were sent on 10/6 thru Naviance. She’s checking on what is going on with that. When D gets home from school I’ll have her call theatre department and explain the issue to see if she can get an audition time while they are still working out the application issue.</p>

<p>I sent an email to GC who said they were sent on 10/6 thru Naviance.</p>

<p>When you contacted Bama, did you mention that they were sent thru Naviance? I’m not familiar with how that all goes with Naviance. Are the transcripts electronically sent? If so, is it possible that Bama has “rec’d” them but hasn’t uploaded the electronic file yet? </p>

<p>If you didn’t mention the Naviance aspect, you might call Bama back. There may be an upload issue.</p>

<p>Also…does your school use the same name for your D as what is on your D’s app? Sometimes a name confusion (misspelled name, nickname, middle name, etc) can cause a delay in “matching” a record with a particular student.</p>