Application Status

<p>Is there any way to check application status online (can't find anything on the website) or do they just send a snail mail notification?</p>

<p>No activity here...my S applied EA and just wondering how long it generally takes to get a response.</p>

<p>Would also like some first-hand information about the school. It's not his first choice, but probably #3 after Tulane and U of Miami. (both of those being borderline target/reach schools).</p>

<p>I was wondering about the EA notification also, and did find something on the website yesterday after some digging. Here’s the link:</p>

<p>[Eckerd</a> College | Apply Now](<a href=“http://www.eckerd.edu/admissions/apply/index.php#admission]Eckerd”>http://www.eckerd.edu/admissions/apply/index.php#admission)</p>

<p>“All students who submit their completed application and supporting materials postmarked by November 15 will be considered in our Early Action pool. Early Action admission decisions will be mailed by December 15.”</p>

<p>I have no clue if they send them out all at once or not. I couldn’t tell from past posts on Eckerd’s forum.</p>

<p>And he applied on October 1. I can tell that they downloaded his application from the common app site, so maybe that’s all the info you get??? His school docs were not downloaded until Oct 20, however, so maybe he’ll get something now about his applicaton being complete. Maybe not. Other colleges he applied to that same day have sent snail mail notifications or emails by now with further info on how to check your app status. Haven’t heard from Eckerd.</p>

<p>Same here. No confirming email, nothing…but I can see that they’ve downloaded everything. </p>

<p>It’s not one of my son’s top choices, so we’re not worrying too much about it. But would still be nice to know!</p>

<p>Finally got a packet of information today, and a letter saying my son’s application is complete. EA decisions will be mailed out by December 15th.</p>

<p>My son was accepted today, but no mention of scholarship money. Do you know if they send that information separately?</p>

<p>My son rec’d an acceptance letter by mail today, too! It looks like they do send it separately, but it’s not clear to me when.</p>

<p>Have you seen this info on their website, below?</p>

<p>[Eckerd</a> College | Types of Aid](<a href=“http://www.eckerd.edu/admissions/finaid/aid.php#tablink.scholarship.academic]Eckerd”>http://www.eckerd.edu/admissions/finaid/aid.php#tablink.scholarship.academic)</p>

<p>Congratulations and thanks! I had seen that but it wasn’t clear to me that it would come separately. My son’s stats are pretty wacky…he’s on the low end of the GPA but above their high end ACT. Still, based on those parameters he should get <em>something</em>.</p>

<p>A friend works at the school and just loves it there. It’s definitely high on my son’s list!</p>

<p>It seems to take them forever to get the SAT scores from the College Board. My daughter applied and sent everything long before the November 15 early action deadline, but they say they still haven’t received her SAT. Apparently, they won’t take them electronically, and it takes much longer to get them manually. The woman in admissions says they get “stacks” of them every week and only have one person inputting. But it takes 4 weeks AFTER they get your SATs, which is several weeks after you send them. Just in case anyone else was thinking it took a really long time.</p>

<p>Still waiting to hear about my son’s EA applicaiton. I see that some received their acceptance a month ago. Anyone else still waiting on a decision?</p>

<p>My daughter just received her acceptance today. As with others, there was no mention of scholarship, even though based on their website, her stats (2050 SAT score, 3.05 uw/4.2 weighted GPA) would entitle her to one. Did the people above (Mavitale and Jane345) find out soon after? Jm, it took a really long time for Eckerd to receive the SAT scores, do maybe that’s where your son’s got hung up too. Nonetheless, we heard about 2 weeks after they said they had them, even though they did not have them for the early deadline. Since my daughter started applying to schools, people we know have been coming out of the woodwork to say they went to Eckerd, and that it is the best school ever. I’ve learned I know 5 people who went there, 2 lawyers, 2 city planners, 1 works for a national park, and they’re all successful. If my daughter got a scholarship, it would move to the top of our list, but as it is, she was offered a nice scholarship to FIT, a similarly small and science-oriented school.</p>

<p>Btw, if mavitale is reading this, I was curious about the scholarship amount too. Like your son, my daughter’s stats are disparate. She has higher than the highest requirement for the SAT (1360 for the two main sections), but, depending how the GPA is calculated, she could have a 3.05 (unweighted), a 3.5 (if it’s calculated like the state universities calculate it, taking out nonacademic classes and adding 1 point for AP, .5 for honors), or 4.2 (if calculated the way her school calculates it, taking out nonacademic classes and adding 1 point for honors, 2 for AP). So I have no idea what she would be entitled to, except she should get at least the lowest amount (which is far less than she’s been offered by another school she also likes). Was your experience that they let the high test score make up for the low-end grades?</p>

<p>Son received his acceptance today.</p>

<p>Sent from my SCH-I510 using CC</p>

<p>Congratulations!</p>

<p>My son’s scholarship letter came by mail separate from the acceptance stuff, and I think it was about 10 days later. Based on their merit scholarship info posted on their website, he got the amount listed commensurate with his GPA, which was a lower amount than what he would have received if they just looked at his ACTs. Hope that makes sense.</p>

<p>[Eckerd</a> College | Types of Aid](<a href=“http://www.eckerd.edu/admissions/finaid/aid.php#tablink.scholarship.academic]Eckerd”>http://www.eckerd.edu/admissions/finaid/aid.php#tablink.scholarship.academic)</p>

<p>That might be different than other students’ awards, but that’s how it played out for him.</p>

<p>Jane, was it obvious from the amount how they calculated his GPA? That’s where I’m stuck. My daughter has a 3.05 unweighted, so that would entitle her to the lowest scholarship. If they calculate her GPA similarly to the way state schools calculate it, she would have a 3.5, entitling her to a higher scholarship. And if they calculated it the way her school (and every public school in Miami, at least) calculates it, she would be entitled to the highest scholarship. Do you think they based his on the weighted or unweighted GPA? I guess I could just wait a week and find out, but she has a nice scholarship offer (bigger than Eckerd’s highest scholarship) from FIT, so we are curious. Thanks for any info.</p>

<p>@Alex23, I can’t really be of any help to you. My son’s private school does not weight GPA, so they report only one GPA on the transcript that goes out to colleges. It looks like that’s what Eckerd used.</p>

<p>Oh, okay. Her transcript says 3.05 unweighted, 4.2 weighted. I guess we’ll see. Their website says, “internally calculated GPA,” so that was what made me wonder. She really liked FIT, so if she also gets way more money from them, she’ll probably go there. Thanks.</p>

<p>Alex23… I sent you a PM. My son did end up with scholarship $$ from Eckerd (with a nice personal note that referenced his essay). But he has since gotten into Tulane and really wants to go there.</p>

<p>Daughter got a letter today with a scholarship offer. It seems they weighted her GPA the same way the Florida state schools do, meaning adding a point for AP, half a point for honors.</p>