Application Status.

<p>How long did it take everyone to hear back? </p>

<p>My application has been under review for well over three weeks.
Thanks!</p>

<p>In 'review status' since about September 25:</p>

<p>"Your application is being reviewed by one of our admission counselors. Check back here for updates on your application status". </p>

<p>Still waiting...</p>

<p>I submitted all the materials in mid September and had a completed file October 1st...have been waiting since then.</p>

<p>I heard back in like a week. I was postponed, what the ef?? I have near-perfect SAT scores, capt. of track team, etc. and this school was my ultra-safety; but I was still interested in attending due to tremendous faculty and academic opportunities. Can anyone surmise why this would happen? Im oos btw, but still...</p>

<p>Sometimes if you are overqualified, schools will reject you because they don't think that you actually care to go there and know you are using it as an ultra safety.</p>

<p>submitted online mid-october. sent in everything 10/22 - everything is now "An admissions counselor is reviewing" - i hope to hear back by thanksgiving. my friend applied nearly the same time as me and heard back last week</p>

<p>I got everything in around 10/17 and heard back three weeks later.</p>

<p>jjj1234 did you take honors and AP classes? Is your GPA good? If your SATs were that good that is strange that you got postponed unless you did not send something in like teacher recs or the essay did not look like you really wanted to go there. Have you heard from other schools?</p>

<p>I turned everything in towards the end of September and got accepted a week later.</p>

<p>I'm in state.
Unweighted GPA: 3.9
Took all of my school's APs and challenge courses.
Top 5% Rank
29 on my ACT</p>

<p>Do not be taken in by the myth that schools will not accept you if they feel you are "overqualified" and will go elsewhere, especially state schools. Colleges want the best student body possible. Also- note that high test scores with lower grades and/or a lack of rigorous courses can show a student may not be successful in doing the work despite their potential and may be outright rejected. Others are postponed to give better candidates a chance at getting in- it is not a "first come, first served" admissions policy but competitive for qualified applicants. There are usually a predictable number of students who will go elsewhere when the spring acceptances are done. Being instate/OOS will not make a dramatic difference in being admitted, either. Each year the admissions office tries to balance acceptances and entrants- recently more accepted students chose to attend than predicted- this can mean fewer students wanting Res Halls getting a dorm room and students not getting classes they want. This can lead to a change in admissions policies, such as more postponements. At least with rolling admissions you don't get the shock of finding out you aren't in after it's too late to do other college applications.</p>

<p>I submitted my application on September 27th. I live in Maryland, go to a rigorous, extremely competitive public school, had a 3.8 Unweighted GPA and got a 30 on the ACT. I had good extracurriculars and really good recommendations. I was admitted into UW-Madison on November 1st.</p>

<p>I sent my app on Novemebr 14th, so I'm fairly confident I won't get a decision until the 15th of Janurary.</p>

<p>Just accepted today! There is still hope for the "average" student</p>

<p>what do you mean by average..what were your stats? Is WI your # 1 school?</p>

<p>I have the same "we are reviewing your app..." and I talked to my counselor yesterday. She said that when they had a meeting with Wisconsin, UW told them that students shouldn't expect to hear back until February, not January 15 or before. A couple students get accepted here and there, but it seems pretty random b/c I have similar, if not slightly better credentials than a girl I know who was accepted.
I applied the 27th of September
29 ACT with 9 on writing
22/630 in class</p>

<p>sent in my app around 10/14 - transcripts sent in 10/22, says received on 11/13 but thats when they updated my status. probably recieved around 10/26 -- i cant imagine im hearing back for another month at least. i have the same "reviewing your app"</p>

<p>I sent in my app in late october and was accepted in about a week, november 3rd or 4th.</p>

<p>erasmuss22 - do you have we are reviewing your app to see if everything is here, or an admissions counselor is reviewing?</p>

<p>admissions counselor is reviewing application. I've had that up for about 6 weeks so I talked to my counselor and she told me that they won't make a majority of decisions until Feb. A girl that I'm friends with applied on the very first day applications were accepted and heard back last week. Also, there if the facebook group wisconsin 2013 that has a few people who have been accepted.</p>

<p>first, they said that they were checking to see if i had everything for about a month.
i checked this morning and it said an admissions counselor is checking my application.
i'm nervous!</p>