Application

I applied online yesterday and it never asked for my GPA or transcript. Why is that and how will they find out that information. I went through all the steps and paid the fee at the end. Do I have to do something else? All it asked for was my high school name.

You need to ask your school to send an official transcript to the colleges you are applying to (unless the school asks you to self report and does not require a transcript until acceptance like the UCs.)

Oh okay. So what do they base getting accepted on?

On your school’s transcript, your SAT/ACT scores, and your app.

but if they dont have that stuff how do i get accepted?

They won’t evaluate your application until all of the pieces are received. At my kids school, you have to go to the office and request transcripts be sent to every school you apply to (and pay after the first 3). You also go on-line and request that ACT/SAT scores be sent to the schools where you apply. Until this is done - and received by the schools - you won’t be accepted. Time to start!!

@stephen20 you are suppose to send your ACT score directly from ACTstudent.org or your SAT scores directly from collegeboard.org. As well as have your school mail your official transcript to UA or you request sealed copies from your school and you mail them. The steps are on the website along with the mailing address for the transcripts.

Ohh okay thanks everyone!

From the school website:

Have your ACT or SAT score(s) sent to us. Our ACT code is 0052 and our SAT code is 1830. Information on these tests is available from your high-school counselor or from the test services: ACT, Box 451, Iowa City, IA 52243; SAT, College Board ATP, Box 592, Princeton, NJ 08541.

Have your most recent official high-school transcript sent to The University of Alabama, Office of Undergraduate Admissions, Box 870132, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0132.

@stephen20

good luck, stephen20!

How will I know that they got all of my stuff?

@stephen20 Go to the Academics Tab of your bama account and choose Check Admission Application Status.

@stephen20 What tabs are you seeing on MyBama?

Under application summary then I go to the bottom of it it says they have recieved the fee and my ACT scores but next to that it says it nothing under “status.”

All of my stuff has been recieved and it says my application is ready for review. Do you have an idea of about how long it takes for me to get an acceptance letter? @mom2coIIegekids

Is it showing that your transcript has been received? Have you checked with your school to see if/when it was sent?

It says everything has been received. Then when I click “Check admission application status” then chick on the one that has been processed it says “Application Status:” then next to that says “decision made.” Does that mean i got in or where can i look to see if i got accepted?
@mom2collegekids

It says everything has been received. Then when I click “Check admission application status” then chick on the one that has been processed it says “Application Status:” then next to that says “decision made.” Does that mean i got in or where can i look to see if i got accepted?
@mom2collegekids

People have said that if you have access to fill out the honors college application after the decision has been made, then you have been accepted.

On mybama under academics then under admitted undergraduate students i clicked submit freshman enrollment deposit and it says i have been accepted as an new freshman!!!