Application

Son is applying to Alabama, sent his scores already, he qualifies for the Presidential scholarship. He said he filled in the application on line, yet he was never required to pay the application fee. Anybody know why he wasn’t required to pay the fee? I wonder what he did wrong.

He is required to pay. Sounds like he didn’t submit. Have him go back and look.

Yes, check online but call admissions immediately on Monday which opens at 8am Central Standard Time. Undergraduate Admissions
Telephone
Local: (205) 348-5666
Toll Free: 1-800-933-BAMA (2262)

All transcripts, test scores need to be in by the December 15 deadline. Make sure that the HS Guidance Office has submitted everything and make sure that The University of Alabama has received everything needed.

See the Scholarship FAQS page for additional info:
http://scholarships.ua.edu/faq/

medassure: Please update us…is everything working out now?

I called first thing this morning, they said their system was down and to call back later in day.Later in the day his guidance counselor called, and was told we had to call student receivables to pay the application fee, which I did when I got home from work. He said guidance said his transcript was sent, College board website says his scores were sent. Now when I log in to check it only notes the application fee was received, nothing else is showing. He never received a CWIW password either, admissions said once it was paid he would get one, is that correct? Or do we need to do something else to get access to fill out the scholarship application? I will call them again in the morning. Thanks for your assistance.

It usually takes one to two days to receive your CWID number from what I recall. When you receive this number (email) treat it carefully, it will be your student’s id (just like a social security number). If you don’t receive it, make sure to call again.