Applications

<p>I applied to texas a and m in August and turned in everything including my transcript. Unfortunately I recently found out that my transcript went to the honors and scholarship part of texas a and m instead of the admissions department. I recently sent another transcript to the right place but I'm not sure I will get into the engineering program because the just received my transcript which completed my application in November. I have a 4.0 and a 2000 sat score and I'm involved in numerous extracurriculars and sports. Do you think they will accept me? I'm freaking out, any advice or comments help</p>

<p>I think it would be a good idea for you to contact one of the prospective student centers in your area and talk with them. They can make sure that everything is in place and can give you a much better idea of your status and chances than you’ll find here; although, the information on this site is wonderful, it’s just a little better to go to the source for some things. I am guessing you’ll get accepted but I can’t tell you about engineering. I know they’ve reached their 85% cap with auto and academic admits so you’ll be mixed in with the review applicants, I think. As I said, best to go to the source. The counselors are very nice and should be able to help you.</p>

<p>agree^ but call admissions office. You will need to document what happened to your transcript for your file. Are you guessing that’s where it went? Since the system is electronic - can’t imagine why admissions would not have seen it. You still have a fighting chance, and will be admitted to the university but anything you can do to show your interest will be a plus (calling to find out what happened to the transcript you submitted in August). Good luck!</p>

<p>Admissions has a habit of losing stuff. My son went to register at the last New Student Conference, but they had no record of his AP scores. He had to send them again and then register during drops and adds for the classes he had the necessary AP prerequisites for. He sent his meningitis vaccine record three times. Then, last month when he went to register for his second semester, Admissions claimed that they did not have his final transcript. I don’t know how they allowed him to register for his first semester without it, but it was one more thing to deal with. </p>

<p>It wont help your application, but it shouldn’t hurt it as much. There are 15% of the COE spots left, that doesn’t include any Engineering Blinn team. If worse comes to worst and the COE is filled then I have no doubt that you would be offered Blinn(but im pretty sure you’ll get in the COE). Are you not an auto admit? </p>

<p>I don’t think I’m an auto admit because I don’t go to a texas school and my school does not rank :frowning: but I will definitly talk with the admissions office. And with the transcript I would think even if I sent it to the honors and scholarship part of Texas a and m they would have added it to my file idk, but thanks everyone for their help!</p>

<p>@goingplaces71 My son was OOS and his school does not rank. They assumed top 25% based on his scores and grades.</p>

<p>The university should have assigned you a rank, most likely top 25% if that is unweighted GPA - but you can also ask. Given you’ve had an issue, I would call or alternatively you can ask Jon on texags.com to check your status – he’s an admissions rep. at TAMU. Go to the site, forum, academics, first listing. Sign in for an account & ask there or he also posts his email on the first page if you prefer more privacy. OOS is eligible for academic admit. </p>

<p>Ok thanks for the info, I will definitly do that!</p>

<p>How are you able to see how many spots (85%) have been taken by auto admits…is this info available for other majors?</p>

<p>@rach98n Talked to an admission representative. I have also spoken to one, can confirm that 85% of the engineering spots are filled with auto/academic admits. Review admits for Engineering should hear back before January 15th, if not then its likely that you have not been admitted to the College of Engineering but are still in the running for normal admission.</p>

<p>For the confused: if you dont hear anything by January 15th, you have most likely not been accepted into the Engineering program, however you have not yet been turned down normal admission.</p>