Applied en of Dec - Engineering

My son decided at the last minute to apply to Purdue engineering, He has high stats (high ACT, hardest APs, great gpa, great ECs etc) and would be a good fit. He is OOS. The application was sent by the Jan. 1 deadline, but his ACT scores won’t get their for another week or two. I called admissions and they said they would accept, but engineering is almost full! Does anyone have any experience with applying at the end of the rolling admission? I don’t want to stress him out, but I want to prepare him for the fact that it may be too late. Thanks for your help!

@NJMom23 Your son should receive an email with his tracker information where you/he can log on and check his Application Checklist to ensure all materials are received. For the 11/1 deadline they allowed a 11/7 material receipt so yours should be similar.

My concern is that he didn’t apply until the end of December and won’t get ACT scores for another week and they are almost closed for engineering - yikes! I’m wondering until about what date they truly stop accepting engineering applications.

I would email Admissions office to advise that your son’s test scores should arrive shortly. And keep checking the portal Application Checklist. You can also ask them about your concern that FYE may be reaching full capacity. I haven’t seen that. Normal Friday notifications should continue this week.

They don’t really stop accepting applications but they will come to a point when they no longer have open spaces for FYE in their upcoming class. When that occurs depends on how many applicants they receive earlier in the year and how many they chose to accept. They review applications as they come in not all at once. Once full students will be denied acceptance, offered a position on their FYE waitlist or offered another major.

Thank you. That was very helpful!