Applied extremely late

<p>My application for Purdue was "completely ready for review" on 1st April. I know that it's very, very late so I'm not expecting much but I just want to know if I have any chance at all of being accepted at this point. Especially since I'm an international student.</p>

<p>SAT I: 2230 (Math: 800, Critical Reading: 670, Writing: 760)
SAT Subjects:
Math II: 780
Chemistry: 800
Physics: 800
GPA: My school doesn't calculate it. I've tried calculating it myself using different conversions. Usually comes out to 3.5-3.7 but can't be sure. I'm giving A Levels, which I believe is equivalent to AP, and my subjects are Math, Physics, Chemistry, General and Math-Further.
Can't read my recommendations but they're probably good. Essays were good too, but nothing spectacular.
My extracurriculars are pretty decent for the outside world. For CC they might be considered below average.</p>

<p>I've applied for engineering. So should I have hope at all this late? Is it normal for people to be accepted in April? Any response is appreciated (:</p>

<p>Hey! I am an international students as well. I applied on the 31st. Your scores are much better than mine, though! It will all depend on how many others applied late and how many spots are there left. I do think you have a chance, since the Engineering first year program isn’t closed yet. Don’t worry and good luck :wink: </p>

<p>Thanks, it’s nice to know I’m not the only one. :)</p>

<p>Good luck to you too! I really hope we get a reply before 1 May.</p>

<p>I applied as a Computer Science major and my application said it was completely ready for review on April 1st, too. I found out yesterday that I was accepted, and I had a lower SAT than you with a 31 on the ACT. You should be fine - you’ll most likely find out within the next few days, if you haven’t already, so no need to worry.</p>

<p>wait what??? you got your decision so fast? ive been waitng for more than a month now…</p>

<p>I have been waiting for along time too and i haven’t heard anything!</p>

<p>We have been waiting for too long! Son’s app was complete on Dec 15th. Status has been 'in committee review for over six weeks now. We have stopped checking the portal. :-|</p>

<p>@CSZFern
That’s awesome! Sorry to the people who have been waiting so long. But I think I might have to wait a little longer as well because I’m an international student and they’ve now asked for my O Level Certificates. Mailing copies of them would take weeks so I emailed scanned images of my original certificates to them and asked if that was okay. Did that on Tuesday and haven’t received a reply. I don’t think they’ve read the e-mail yet. :-/ </p>

<p>purdue does not accept email attachments.</p>

<p>I finished my application on March 24 and got the admission on March 27 (since I forgot to submitted the supplemental essay before…)
But the cost of attendance is too high for me to go tho I really really really love Purdue :(</p>

<p>@desertz wow! U got ur decision in only three days??</p>

<p>@desertz I’m facing the same problem as you. I live in California so OOS costs are about 43,000 per year and I really don’t feel like paying that much for a bachelor’s degree.</p>

<p>I think it is the international office that’s working very slowly. My application was submitted on the 4th of January but my status only became “ready for review” on the 28th of March. Until now it is still not being reviewed, and the international office is not replying my email. If SuperrMom’s son’s application has spent six weeks being in committee review I wonder if I will ever hear back from them.</p>

<p>We called the office yesterday and were told that the person who is handling that particular lot of international apps (which includes my son’s), has been traveling last week. They said she will be back this weekend and resume her review… :-w …and that we should hear from them in a weeks time…Bah!!</p>

<p>@SuperrMom thats great! Hope you hear a good news very soon!</p>

<p>@CSZFer fortunately yes, I was surprised by the speed too then they also took only three days to get my financial aid package ready :)</p>

<p>Wrong @! @Swiftie13 :b
And @CSZFern so are you planing to go to Purdue? Im considering about the master degree too, but the likehood is that if I’ going to Purdue then I definitely don’t have any money for the master :(</p>

<p>@desertz u’re lucky! Congrats!</p>

<p>@desertz I’m still trying to decide, it’s tough though because I could easily do it if the costs were like 7K less, soI am waiting to hear from UC Irvine off my appeal. If the appeal isn’t a success then I might seriously consider taking out some loans in order to be able to pay for purdue. What other colleges are you deciding between, besides Purdue?</p>

<p>@CSZFern‌ Binghamton, which is pretty decent state university, and after I talk with people study in Binghamtonand have a lot of CS experiences in those days, I think I will go for Bing since it’s also very strong at research and has rigorous curriculums. On the other hand of course it really save tons of money :slight_smile: </p>