Applied to CEN and CS as a second choice and got into CS...

<p>Hi there,</p>

<p>As stated in the title, I applied as a transfer student to Purdue intending to major in Computer Engineering and CS as a second choice. However, I didn't get into CEN but CS because somewhere in the line I got a "C" in my chemistry course. Now, I don't know how good is Purdue when it comes to computer science.
My biggest concern is that I know that CS and CEN are different, but how different?
Would I enjoy CS at Purdue? is Purdue well known for computer science?</p>

<p>Or should I just forget about it and go somewhere else?
I got into the following schools:
University of Miami - Computer Engineering
RHIT - Rose Hulman Institute of Technology - computer engineering</p>

<p>I'm confuse as to where to go and what to do now... any advise will be greatly appreacited.</p>

<p>Hi
I'm an International Transfer Student. I got into CS for fall 08, first choice, but now I want to change to Comp.E.
Is it possible to do this with a 3.3 GPA in Freshman year?</p>

<p>Computer Science usually comprises of computer science theory courses....like in its name, its a science. It is usually placed in College of Sciences or College of Liberal Arts at big universities, so it includes a great deal of Math/Liberal Arts courses as well.</p>

<p>Comp. Engg. is a engineering couses with a solid background in EE and CS courses as well. In senior year you have the option of specializing either in the Hardware side or the Software side....at least thats how it goes in most Schools.</p>

<p>BtW, Check out the course catalogs and course descriptions for these programs, and also ring up the folks at these schools to inquire more.</p>