Apply Early = more scholarships?!

<p>Hello, so my counselor told me that if I apply to UCs early, I will have more opportunities to get scholarships. Is this true? cuz I was planning to apply after I take the november SAT…
Thanks!</p>

<p>Admissions will not look at the UC applications until after the Nov 30th deadline, so there is no extra advantage for scholarships by applying early. The only good reason to apply earlier than the Nov 30th deadline, is to avoid the procrastinators that wait till the last minute and cause the website to crash…</p>

<p>But when they look at the applications, do they look at the ones that were sent early first? or is it in a random order?</p>

<p>I do not know the inner workings of admission but since they receive an enormous amount of applications, they probably have a pre-screening process using GPA/Test scores to help eliminate applications that do not meet a certain threshold. For the UC’s, there a only a few “scholarships” that are offerred and they are based on High GPA and High Test scores such as Regents. Being the first application sent will not make any difference if you do not meet the criteria.</p>

<p>Oh ok thank you so much!(:</p>