Apply Nov 1st vs Nov 30

<p>Hi All</p>

<p>Does it make any difference if one applies on Nov 1 vs Nov 30 ? I read it somewhere that apply on Nov 1 as the pool of available seats per college/major diminishes as the date is closer to Nov 30. Intuitively it make sense, but I am not sure if UC will be biased on the date the applied or even start looking before Nov 30. Also, does the date applied has any significance of your position in the applications being read ? Again, intuitively, it will seem that way. The candidate who applied on Nov 1 will be at the top of the list to read vs Nov 30 at the bottom. So, by the time, Nov 30 applicant is read, most of the seats are already filled up ??</p>

<p>Thanks
Mwahal</p>

<p>The UC’s will not look at any of the applications until after November 30th. The reason you want to apply prior to November 30th is to avoid all the procrastinators whom wait until the last minute and take the chance that the website will not crash as it is bombarded with all these applications. Apply mid-month to be safe.
None of the UC’s have ED or rolling admissions, so No, the spots will not be filled on a first come basis.</p>

<p>I agreed it crashed in past years, some kids couldn’t hit submit. Best to apply around thanksgiving don’t wait until the last minute.</p>