Applying ED as Engineering Student - Chances?

<p>I have good ECs, am an excellent writer (so not too worried about essay) and my letter of rec's sound good. My biggest strength is my SAT score (800 CR; 780 M; 720 W), but my GPA is a little low for tech: weighted is a 3.74 and unweighted is just awful (3.2? I think?). I want to major in Computer Engineering but of course that just falls under the blanket of Engineering. What do you think are my chances of getting in ED or regular?</p>

<p>Theres no essay except for an optional thing that nobody reads and no letters of recommendation. Your SAT is excellent (I don't think they factor in Writing) and your weighted GPA is adequate. The bigger issue here is that your GPA is very low compared to your SAT score and, while you are obviously bright, even if you get in you're going to have to adapt to the challenge of Engineering at Tech. It's a lot of hard work that you won't see the point in, so unless you've already applied I'd think long and hard about it. You'll probably get in though, if that's all you're asking.</p>