Applying for a PhD at Harvard

Hello! I am a current graduate student working on my second masters degree in education. I am trying to plan ahead and begin preparing for the PhD I would like to begin in the next couple of years. I would like to attend HGSE for the PhD in education, CIS concentration. What can I do in the next couple of years to try to prepare to create the best application as possible, so that I can increase my chances of being accepted into this program? I have researched and read some suggestions online, but they seem geared towards graduates of high school. Does anyone have any insights or suggestions as a student seeking admittance to their PhD program who has already secured a masters degree (or 2 in my case)?

Disregard as the program offered tuition free was not a PhD, it was a doctorate in education EdL.D.

Did you work at all after graduating college, or did you immediately get one masters and now another one in education?

I would imagine that work experience would be beneficial, maybe teaching for a few years. This would provide direct experience, awareness, insight, understanding of policy, curriculum, community and student needs, etc.

Work experience would help you write your Statement of Purpose, which includes (according to Harvard) research interests, experiences, why additional research is needed, career goals etc.

1 Like