Applying for College as black, when mixed?

<p>How do you guys feel about bi-racial ( specifically half black half white) students applying to college as full black, just to get our incentives?</p>

<p>I personally think it should be frowned upon and that it is unfair, given half their family did not go through the struggles both sides of my family did.</p>

<p>What? Dude you’re weird. I’m mixed and I’m gonna enjoy putting down black on my app, especially since I am considered black by everyone at my school.</p>

<p>lol are you solely putting black or are you putting all the races your mixed with?</p>

<p>I’m multiracial.
Except, I’m not applying to colleges as full black.</p>

<p>Of course it’s unfair. But people will do anything to get that little extra advantage in admissions.
Similar to anyone who makes a thread asking if they’re considered a URM if they’re 1/16 Native American or if they’re considered Hispanic if they’re from Spain.</p>

<p>If you’re black, then by all means put it down on your app. Who cares if “half their family did not go through the struggles both sides of my family did”?</p>

<p>lol i see your point, i guess since when it comes down to it, its what you look like that will get you discriminated in life</p>

<p>I’m solely putting black? That’s what I’ve been doing my whole life and that’s what my black mother expects me to do. Remember the one drop rule?</p>

<p>I think that applied more in the civil rights era, since things were segregated by law,</p>

<p>Now no one is going to kill you if you put more than one race on your app</p>

<p>Oh well. Who cares</p>

<p>Most African Americans only have 70% African ancestry… so hardly anyone’s “fully black” anyway. <em>shrug</em></p>

<p>And 50% of all statistics are made up on the spot</p>