Applying to college

I am an international student applying to uw madison. I chose madison since I like the city especially that it is not huge. My father attended UW madison and he recommends it for me.I checked the college’s website and found that they require an english test and secondary school reports. But in my student portal they updated an SAT material requirement.Do I have to take SAT ? And how strictly is the material receipt deadline followed?

All freshman applicants must submit standardized test results (either SAT or ACT). International students will need to take the TOEFL unless all their schooling through high school was in English. Here is what the website says:

“Freshman applicants from non-English speaking countries must submit a TOEFL or IELTS score, unless English was the language of instruction for all courses in all years of secondary school. Our TOEFL test code is 1846. TOEFL must be submitted electronically from the testing service. We do not accept the IELTS electronically. Please have a paper copy of your results sent to our office through the mail. If you feel that you qualify for a TOEFL or IELTS waiver, please send an email to our office and a counselor will determine if the waiver criteria are met.”

https://www.admissions.wisc.edu/apply/freshman/materials.php

They give definite deadlines for the receipt of all material on the website. For regular decision, that deadline was Feb. 8th. If you still need to submit something, best to call Admissions and speak to them about it.

You have missed deadlines for fall 2017 if you have not yet taken the SAT or ACT plus the TOEFEL tests. You need to read the requirements carefully for all colleges you plan to apply to. Almost all US schools will require either the SAT or SAT of all freshman applicants from anywhere- (many will accept either one). Instructions on the website are very clear.