Applying to CP SLO During the Extended Deadline

I’m a new member on CC, but I’ve followed admissions to CP SLO over the past few years as a prospective undergraduate. Given that all CSUs extended their application deadline to 12/15 due to the wildfires that plagued California last fall, I was wondering whether students who applied during the extended deadline, 12/1/2018-12/15/2018 would be at a disadvantage in the admissions process? I’m aware that SLO is more inclined to waitlist students than admit due to overenrollment in years past, but I’m trying to gain further insight. My MCA of 4570 is 30 points below that of the lowest MCA of a student accepted to Business Administration this, which they approximated to be 4600, but I have a slightly higher Cal Poly GPA and SAT score than they report. In essence, I’m concerned that the time at which I applied, 12/12/2018, could be what hurts me in admissions, or if nothing else means that I’ll receive my decision towards the end of whatever period decision is released in.

@eyemgh @Gumbymom

You should not be at a disadvantage for applying still within the deadline even if it was extended. Admission decisions will be continuing throughout the week so hang in there. No decision is just that no decision so do not try to speculate one way or another.

I don’t think they assess any applicants until the window is closed. They really can’t if they still use the MCA as it’s a numerical ranking. Like @Gumbymom said, hang in there. Decisions are still rolling out.