Applying to Ivies Class of 2013

<p>^How’d you find our your National Achievement status?</p>

<p>^ my counselor called me and two other students down and told us. she told us that we will find out whether or not we are semi-finalists in September</p>

<p>If you don’t mind me asking, what state are you from? And what did you score on the psat?</p>

<p>^ i don’t mind. i’m from NY and got a 199 on the psat</p>

<p>Am I the only one whose SAT is considerably lower than PSAT? My SAT is 13(0) lower than my PSAT lol</p>

<p>I’m from Delaware, and my score’s about the same as yours.</p>

<p>Kobe, my SAT is 200+ higher than my PSAT.</p>

<p>I think I just choked on SAT day lol. I guess I’ll retake in the fall before EA deadlines</p>

<p>I choked on my SAT subject tests yesterday ):
I should have gotten more rest</p>

<p>Hey juniors! I’m applying to Ivies. but not sure which ones exactly.
GPA- 3.7
SAT-2300
SAT World-770
Lit-770
USH-800
Spanish-710
First-generation, low-income, “other” racially, all that good stuff.</p>

<p>Taking the most demanding course load at my school, a large public school in NYC.</p>

<p>EC’s: UNICEF (secretary), newspaper (editor), Big Siblings
internship this summer, library volunteer, worked at my dads store when he was struggling financially, volunteer Arabic teacher for little kids at a community center.</p>

<p>Awards: projected AP Scholar with Distinction, Commended Student, won a Writer’s Digest contest and got my story published in their magazine</p>

<p>Think they’ll like me? And good luck to all of youse!</p>

<p>your stats are great. definite plus.</p>

<p>ACT: 1st time - 30; 2nd time - 32; plan to take once more
Course Work: My school only offers two AP classes (Chem - took this year, and Calc - will take next year), but I have taken the most rigorous course load available.</p>

<p>EC/Awards:
Fbla 4 years (treasurer this year, vp next year)
Varsity Cross Country 4 years
Student Council 4 years
Band/Jazz Band 4 years
Science Fair 2 years
Northeastern Junior College Math and Science Contest (placed 3 years in various events)
Commended National Achievement
Various Community Service/Projects (approx. 50-75 hours)</p>

<p>While Duke is my first choice, I’m probably going to apply to Penn and maybe Columbia if I get around to taking the subject tests.</p>

<p>lol i just realized this was in the African American students section. ah well. </p>

<p>@srjoaquin your ec’s are pretty impressive but for the Ivies make sure you work on those test scores.</p>

<p>hahahah thats funny! its okay you can be an honorary african american :)</p>

<p>I can’t believe college stuff is right around the corner. And I can’t believe that I’ve made it this far and even have the opportunity to think about getting into an Ivy lol. Good luck to everyone!</p>

<p>^ It’s soo nerve-wracking, Kobe.</p>

<p>Are you guys still in school? Today was my last day,.</p>

<p>Hey, c/o 2012 here. Just wanted to tell you guys not to stress too much if you don’t beat 2000 on SAT’s. I only took it twice and got 1820 and 1910. I admit I was a bit lazy in studying for my tests and my gpa and class grades may have saved me a bit. But the tests aren’t made for everyone and if your transcripts show that you are an awesome student, then they can sometimes make up for lower SAT’s. The ivies I got into are Columbia, Brown, and Dartmouth. So I think aim for the 90th percentile :)</p>

<p>I finished school 3 weeks ago lol</p>

<p>I’m new to the boards but I know I’m going to apply to Columbia and am heavily considering applying to Dartmouth.</p>

<p>@ Mrluggs today was my last day too! im soo happy for summer, what are your guys plans? and @zambia, that is really reasuring my SAT 2140, and was very stressed out because i thought i needed above 2200</p>

<p>@hellogoodbyeThis is gonna be a busy summer for me.
In two weeks I’m heading to Boston for the National BioGENEius Challenge.
I’ll do some research when I get back
Then in early July, I’m going to Germany for 2.5 weeks.
Then more research
Then HSD at Princeton
Then Band Camp.</p>

<p>THEN SEEENIOOOOR YEAR BEGINS!! I’m so scared, guys ): </p>

<p>@Kobe- 3 WEEKS AGO? That’s when seniors got out! What state are you from?</p>