Applying to Ivies Class of 2013

<p>I’m from Louisiana. Our seniors got out the last week of April haha. But we go back like the second week of August. I’m going to Boston in two weeks too! But for the Harvard football camp.</p>

<p>I’m still in class till June 25th! Anyway, does Stanford count as an ivy?</p>

<p>It’s not an Ivy per se. All Ivies are in the northeast. But it’s definitely on the level of Ivies</p>

<p>Haha guys I’ll be at Harvard too for crew camp! And then johns Hopkins for six weeks to do research! I’m super busy too! Trying to figure out when I’ll have time to start writing apps!</p>

<p>Oh and @mrluggs congrats on biogenius! That’s a very prestigious contest! Go gettem!</p>

<p>@hellogoodbye13 are you applying Harvard EA?</p>

<p>@hellogoodbye- Thanks :slight_smile: </p>

<p>Do you guys plan on playing sports in college?</p>

<p>im leaning towards that yeah! my sister went there, and i miiiiiiiiight get recruited (hopefully) in which case i would def apply EA. wbu?</p>

<p>yeah I’m gonna apply EA and hopefully play football</p>

<p>I’ve already graduated this year, but I’m taking a gap year.</p>

<p>I’ll be applying to Harvard, Columbia, Dartmouth, UPenn and Cornell this fall.</p>

<p>Wish me luck!</p>

<p>good luck! what are you doing over your gap year?</p>

<p>Applying to Harvard, Princeton, Columbia, Dartmouth, and Cornell.
Female, 35 ACT, 2220 SAT, 4.0 UW GPA. Varsity tennis, swimming, debate, lots of volunteering. Just finished a mission trip in Appalachia and going to ND engineering program in two weeks. Good luck to all!</p>

<p>Ahhh, I’m not entirely sure. :confused: Lots of volunteer work. Become more stabilized. Perhaps teaching English over seas or studying abroad? Lots of choices.</p>

<p>I’ll most likely get a job of course.</p>

<p>I’m not a class of 2013, I already graduated actually, but I’ll be applying to Brown and Princeton. I’m deciding whether to apply early for Brown or not but hey I got time so no rush.</p>

<p>Stats:
SAT: 2070 (CR 710, M 690, W 670) Terrible by CC standards :frowning:
GPA: 3.7 UW
EC: Science Club President (2yrs), Swimming(4yrs), Tennis (2yrs), Tutor (2yrs), Church Leader (2 years)</p>

<p>Any IB Diploma Candidates out there? I hardly ever see AA ones. You guys think that’ll give me an edge?</p>

<p>I want to apply to Princeton, Brown, and UPENN</p>

<p>Stats:
GPA: 3.7 uw
Class Rank: No Ranking at my school
SAT: 2220 (750 CR, 760 M, 710 W)
APs: Pending - USH, Chem, Calc AB, Bio, Stat, English Comp
8 Honors classes
ECs: NHS, Newspaper, Literary and Art Magazine, RTS Club (co-founder), 130+ Community Service Hours, 1st place in 14 Art competitions, National achievement in Art (Forget specifics), Varsity Volleyball, Basketball, Football, Track and Field, Karate
Reccs. from 2 neurosurgeons (one who is working with UPENN) and 1 from OBGYN UPENN grad. hopefully thatll help</p>

<p>I’m scared of this whole application process because of poor GPA due to well… the name says it all. Also plan on taking ACT, SAT II’s in fall and I also took all of my high schools offered AP’s</p>

<p>P.S. I want to be a neurosurgeon >.<</p>

<p>Underachiever,
think carefully about sending letters of recommendation from someone besides your counselor and required teacher recommendations. Many colleges do not want them and discourage them. From Brown’s website:</p>

<p>May I submit additional letters of recommendation?
In our experience, the required counselor recommendation and two teacher recommendations provide all we need to make a thoughtful, informed admission decision. Because additional letters tend to echo the observations we already have in hand, we do not encourage you to seek out extra letters. If, however, someone has unique knowledge of certain strengths or accomplishments that would not be addressed in the required recommendations, you are welcome to have another person write on your behalf. Keep in mind that a stack of extra letters will almost never influence an admission officer in a positive way.</p>

<p>Check the websites of other colleges you’re interested in- it probably will not help you in most cases.</p>

<p>^Agreed.</p>

<p>Submitting recs written by alumni simply because they’re written by alumni is kind of unnecessary and doesn’t really help your app.</p>

<p>Does anyone here know of someone accepted into Harvard?
And, if so, what were his/her stats?</p>

<p>My Chinese friend got into Harvard this year from my school. Only got one B the whole time in an AP class. like 4.4/4.48 gpa, salutatorian, 2400 SAT, 240 PSAT, and started a club to benefit the elderly in the city. But that’s the extreme haha</p>