Applying to Ivies Class of 2013

<p>My friend knows someone who got into Harvard. All I know about her is that she was ranked 1 in her class, she was involved in this STEM program at their school, she played both varsity tennis & track and she was very good at both of them, and she’s biracial (half-black, half-white). She also got into Brown but rejected from Stanford.</p>

<p>@JWill1028 I’m an IB Diploma candidate too!</p>

<p>@berries123 Nice. Where are you thinking of applying?</p>

<p>As of now, I’m just applying to Penn</p>

<p>After attending Youth about Business at Columbia University, Columbia will my first choice. I recommend everyone to sit on the cobble stone stairs walking up to the Library it’s truthfully amazing.</p>

<p>Wow.
Those stats are pretty compelling. </p>

<p>A girl I know got into the Big H from my class. She’s a genius, though.
<em>sigh</em> Haha.</p>

<p>I’m applying ED to Columbia and (if necessary) RD to Princeton and Harvard!
3.87 UW, 4.6 W
35 ACT
790 Lit, 770 USH
AP Lang (5), APUSH (5), AP Gov (5), next year AP Euro, AP Stats, AP Macro, AP Micro, AP Lit, Modern Middle Eastern History, Spanish
Potential NMS semi-finalist and definite National Achievement and National Hispanic scholar (213 on PSAT)</p>

<p>Now I’ve just got to get to work on my essays! Good luck to all of you!!</p>

<p>^Not sure how you’re definitely a Natl Achievement Scholar without an SAT score. You do know you must obtain a qualifying SAT score to be considered for Scholar, yes? A 213 is a great score and will certainly qualify you for Natl Achievement semi-finalist, but you’ll need the SAT (plus application with extracurriculars, etc noted) for Scholar consideration, and you won’t learn whether you’re a Scholar until March/April 2013. Good luck.</p>

<p>sorry, i meant that i’ll definitely be a semi-finalist! i’m taking the sat in october, so hopefully i’ll get a high enough score to qualify for finalist:)</p>

<p>Are you guys ready for senior year?</p>

<p>Nope! Jk I am, but Im just nervous because as soon as I enter those doors, I have to be on top of everything in an attempt to redeem myself from the disaster that was junior year.</p>

<p>so i got a 2170 on the SAT after taking it twice, my grades, SAT 2 scores and AP scores are all really good. should i try to retake the SAT or ACT, or leave it where its at and focus on other things like college apps</p>

<p>I added Brown to my list!</p>

<p>any advice on my previous post guys?</p>

<p>If you think you can do better, take it again.</p>

<p>I’m applying to Harvard and Princeton and Stanford (not an Ivy, but still)! Maybe Yale and UPenn? What do you guys think?</p>

<p>SAT: 2340, GPA: 3.98 uw, SAT II: 710 USH, 730 Math II, AP: Psych (5), PSAT: 216</p>

<p>EC: Mock Trial (President), California Scholarship Federation (Chapter Founder, President), Yearbook (Copy Editor), Varsity Soccer (Captain), Black Student Association (Vice-President), Class Board (Fundraising Commissioner), Robotics, National Honor Society, Tutoring, University Classes, Summer Internship</p>

<p>Now about those essays…good luck everyone! :D</p>

<p>Do you guys think I should retake my Subject Tests?</p>

<p>Your scores are fine. If you can match the impressiveness of your SAT scores with equally impressive essays, you’d be a very competitive applicant. </p>

<p>Everyone, although I’m beating a dead horse at this point, don’t forget about your writing! It’s just as important as standardized testing!</p>

<p>Kali, I haven’t started writing. I’m worried :confused:
I have been too busy with summer assignments.</p>

<p>your sats are great and your sat 2s are well within range, i wouldnt worry at all about retaking them @schoolgirl</p>