Applying to UC's online/handwritten?

<p>When I apply to UC’s do I send in the forms electronically or is it required to turn in hand written apps and mail them?</p>

<p>and also where do we submit SAT scores. Do I self report SAT scores within the college application AND go to collegeboard and send score reports?</p>

<p>i’m clueless, so can anyone walk me through :(</p>

<p>Online
<a href=“http://www.californiacolleges.edu/admissions/university-of-california-uc/applying-for-admission.asp[/url]”>http://www.californiacolleges.edu/admissions/university-of-california-uc/applying-for-admission.asp&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p><a href=“http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/admissions/undergrad_adm/apply/apply_online.html[/url]”>http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/admissions/undergrad_adm/apply/apply_online.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>so will I still have to do the send reports to college on Collegeboard’s Website</p>

<p>^ Yes.
10 char</p>

<p>Yes, but you just need to select one UC campus in which to send the scores. The scores will then be sent to all the UC campuses. There is no need to pay for the scores to be sent to each campus.</p>

<p>Actually, you do have to send a separate score report to each UC you apply to. </p>

<p>From their website:</p>

<p>“Direct the testing agencies to report your scores to each UC campus to which you plan to apply. They must be received by the campuses by the time December tests scores are normally reported. If you apply as a freshman for the winter or spring term, check with the campus admissions office about relevant testing deadlines.”</p>

<p>I know what it says. You can call the College Board if you want to confirm. When you send your scores to one UC campus, it goes to all of them. I know this because I have three children in college, one of whom if a college freshman at Cal this year. There is no need to spend additional money if it is unnecessary. One of my friends had to call the College Board about something else and found out about this. I wouldn’t want you to not have your scores get to the necessary campuses, so call to make sure I am correct. Just an FYI. This is not the case with the ACT. With them, you have to pay to have a report sent to each campus.</p>

<p>Some things to clear up:</p>

<p>When I fill out the UC Applications to let’s say Irvine, (will I have to fill it out for the other UC’s I apply to, or my one application to Irvine will work for all UC’s) </p>

<p>Also I self report my scores on the Application and go to Collegeboard.com to send all my scores to all the UC’s or just one UC? And how much does it cost?</p>

<p>Did you read the links? </p>

<p>"You may apply to one or more of UC’s nine undergraduate campuses using a single application. Your application will be sent to the campuses you designate and it will be considered simultaneously by each one. "</p>

<p>"Reporting ACT/SAT Results</p>

<p>Students applying for undergraduate admission as freshmen must submit scores on either the ACT Assessment plus Writing or the SAT Reasoning Test. In addition, students must report scores on two SAT Subject Tests in two different subject areas of the student’s choice: English, history and social studies, mathematics, science, or languages. (Freshman applicants for the fall 2012 term or beyond will be required to submit only SAT Reasoning Test or ACT with Writing Test scores. SAT Subject Test scores will be considered but not required.)</p>

<p>The tests must be taken no later than December of the last year of secondary school. A more complete list of dates and deadlines is available here.</p>

<p>Direct the testing agencies to report your scores to at least one of the UC campuses to which you plan to apply. If you apply as a freshman for the spring or winter term, check with the campus Admissions Office about relevant testing deadlines."</p>

<p>"Application Fees
UC Application Fees</p>

<p>The $60 application fee entitles you to apply to one UC campus. If you apply to more than one campus, you must pay an additional $60 for each campus you select. These fees are not refundable and are subject to change. "
Number of
Campuses Fee Total
1 $ 60
2 $ 120
3 $ 180
4 $ 240
5 $ 300
6 $ 360
7 $ 420
8 $ 480
9 $ 540</p>

<p>There are important details you may not even think to ask.</p>