Applying to UC's SAT's or GPA?

<p>Which is more important? I have an okayish GPA (4.1) with a heavyish AP load. However my SAT’s are kind of crap at the moment and its getting really difficult to achieve above a 2250, where I’m right now at a 2100. I feel like I’m at a threshold. Should I try to continue and boost my GPA or are SAT’s that much more important?</p>

<p>Is 4.1 based on the UC admissions GPA calculation?</p>

<p>UCs are generally thought to favor courses and grades more than test scores. You may want to also see if you can do better on the ACT.</p>

<p>Im definitely looking toward the ACT (critical reading bones me everytime, I can’t seem to improve the score) I’m not sure if its based of UC. My school scores A-'s as a 3.7, and I have a bunch of those and I heard A-'s are counted as 4’s in the UC system.</p>

<p>yea A-'s are counted as 4’s, so you should recalculate ur GPA using the UC GPA system. find a calculator online that will help you</p>

<p>Unfortunately, UC admissions are heavily based on GPA. If I remember correctly, Berkeley’s average accepted GPA was around a 3.8-3.9 UW while its average accepted SAT was only around a 2000. While I’m no expert on UC admissions, I’d say it would be pretty damn hard to get into them with a below-average GPA, even with really good test scores.</p>

<p>Unweighted I have a 3.81. Not sure about weighted. I’m not sure about my senior year yet, but the course load is pretty light so I suppose I can manage.</p>

<p>Berkley’s GPA/SAT seems kind of low, is it for the whole campus? Or is it for their science and technology departments?</p>

<p>Please, why are you trying to say your GPA is just OK and your test scores are ‘crap’?</p>

<p>Why aren’t you happy with your way above average stats?</p>

<p>I’m reading about all these people who didn’t get into like UCLA/berkley who had my scores and even worse people who didn’t get into safeties with higher marks than mine. I know my EC’s aren’t very strong so I’m starting to get worried-ish.</p>

<p>Also bunch of my class at my school are either higher than me (I think I’m around the 45 percentile of my school) which scares me cause I hear colleges have quota’s they fill and can’t exceed. While berkely recieves I think on average 20 people from my school, I still think I’m at the bottom tier at people applying to berkley and I’m wondering whether an increase of GPA or SAT scores would be better.</p>