Applying

<p>Hey guys, I'm a junior in high school and i was thinking about applying to a&m next year but from what i've heard its pretty hard to get into. I'm in the top 32% of a pretty competitive high school and my sat score is around a 1700. throughout high school i've taken all pre-ap and ap classes, and made mostly A's and B's, but my unweighted GPA isn't very good. Think i'm on the right path to getting in? what's a&m look most at? Thanks!!</p>

<p>Good for you for being so ahead of the game! A&M, like many schools, seem to really rely on class rank and test scores. Since you still have an opportunity this year, focus on making some stellar grades this year and it might elevate you to the top 25% of your class. A key cutoff for A&M. Also, try the ACT as well as the SAT because some students really shine on that test. If you could do those two things, you might feel a lot less pressure next year. Good luck!</p>

<p>Agree with the previous remarks^ . Where you stand now, you’d be a review admit but ideally you want to be an academic admit ( top 25%, 1300 CR+M, or 30 ACT). Take advantage of every opportunity to increase your GPA standing, get help to score higher on the standardized tests & make sure you have great EC should you be a review admit. When you are a review admit, visiting the school & participating in university opportunities count - be sure to sign in at prospective student centers & go to as many things as you can (keep a list). You will probably need to increase your current stats to have a decent chance, you are correct it is competitive. You have time on your side, two more grading periods (rank is as of end of junior year) & lots of testing opportunities. Apply early. Good luck!</p>

<p>Thank you two so much!! Y’all both helped me a lot :)</p>