ApplyTexas Essay A Word Count

Howdy, everyone! I am at the point in the college process where I am just about to submit everything that Texas A&M requires. However, I am nervous about whether or not my essay fits the word count for ApplyTexas. I attempted to do research on the maximum word count, but there are not any clear answers online. My essay is at about 1100 words or 49 lines.
Thank you!

I’m pretty sure the ApplyTexas word limit is 1000 words so make sure to cut it down a little!

Cut it down. Should be around 600. They do not want to read a 1000 word essay. You should be able to say what needs to be said in almost half that. Make sure you let someone look over it. Good luck.

@tamuletmein

On the apply texas website, there is an FAQ page that is helpful regarding the essay as to line count and formatting. A maximum of 120 lines will be sent and you want to make sure that it is written in a mono-spaced font. https://www.applytexas.org/adappc/html/faq_essay.html

"Any text you input will be converted to a mono-space font and any formatting you may have done (bullets, tabs, etc.) will be lost. In addition, if you cut and paste your essay from Word, some characters may not translate properly.

Before submitting an essay online, we strongly recommend that you compose and save your essay in a program that uses a mono-spaced font (like NotePad), then copy and paste it into the ApplyTexas essays submission text box.

Before you submit, you will be asked to review your essay. The text you see will be what is sent to the university. Be sure to check through your essay, check the last line to ensure nothing has been cut off and make any necessary revisions before you submit.

Using one of the essay submission access points listed above, select a topic and simply copy and paste your saved essay into the appropriate on-line essay topic. Repeat for each topic for which you wish to submit an essay.

You will be able to view and edit your essays once they’ve been submitted. You can submit each essay up to two times. You will also be able to view a list of how many and which types of essays (e.g., Essay A; 2 custom essays) you have submitted. You may wish to keep a record of the essays you have submitted.

Be sure to review each essay before submitting it. A maximum of 120 lines per essay will be sent. If your essay looks incomplete on the “Review Essay” page, edit it before submitting.