April 20th Weekend

<p>What’s going on the weekend of April 20th? Can’t get a room at Fairfield Tuscaloosa, having to stay in Bessemer.</p>

<p>Argh!</p>

<p>USA Triathlon is hosting Collegiate Nationals in Tuscaloosa again that weekend. Since my daughter is a freshman, I’ve never been to the event and don’t exactly know how many teams show up. But if it’s anything like Age Group Nationals in Tuscaloosa last year there must be a ton of athletes (and I imagine parents, coaches, etc.).</p>

<p>So where will the event be held? Want to know where to avoid and if parking will be a problem. </p>

<p>I see Bama is playing Vandy in baseball that weekend, and I’d love to take in the game, so hoping the Triathlon is not in the baseball stadium area.</p>

<p>Thanks for the heads up on the event. We’ll be sure to avoid heavy traffic areas that weekend.</p>

<p>Jack Warner Parkway, the Black Warrior River (for the swim) and the Tuscaloosa Amphitheater will be the major venues for the Triathlon.</p>

<p>Oh, of course, a triathlon! Wow, they’re going to swim the Black Warrior! How awesome!</p>

<p>Glad to hear the baseball stadium area will be clear.</p>

<p>I really love Bama’s baseball team and am thrilled they are playing at home that weekend.</p>

<p>The transition area is around the ampitheatre, which is different than at Age Group Nationals when it was at Manderson Park. Almost all of Jack Warner was closed for the bike course. We parked in the garage next to the Ferg and it stayed pretty full all day. Just FYI, tri’s are usually early morning events but they are also holding a relay triathlon in the late afternoon so I think the area will stay pretty congested all day. There will probably also be quite a bit of bike traffic Friday afternoon with folks riding/running the course. This weekend Bama is hosting the Southeastern Tri Conference Skills camp, and I know some training on the course is planned.</p>