Apts. Walking Distance to Stadium

<p>Looks like DD may be relocating next summer, so I am scouting out apartments. Again. A year ago, this child did not even know the rules of football. Now it seems access to the stadium on game days is priority #1. Roll Tide. So, with that in mind, how do students get there if they cannot park on campus? I know Houndstooth and Sterling are walkable. Are there others? I like the looks of the Bluff. Are there shuttles?</p>

<p>East Edge?</p>

<p>If she wants to live near the stadium, I would recommend leasing a house or one of the older but not slummy apartments in the neighborhood to the west and also south of the stadium. The only downside is they are not as “glamorous” as the newer student focused developments. I can give some names of realty companies and apartments that are in this area.</p>

<p>My opinion is you get better customer service from the local realty and apartment owners because they are invested in this community. These large scale developments lack the personal touch of local owners. The managers of them are forced to maximize revenue and sometimes cut corners with students. Since there is typically no local executives, it sometimes can be hard to get concerns addressed. Also the majority of the money leaves the local community.</p>

<p>i would think anywhere within about a mile or so would be walkable on game day. i was at a game last weekend (different school) and people were parking/walking from a mile or more away.</p>

<p>East Edge is walkable and my daughter loves it there. September Place is a block from the stadium. I haven’t seen the inside, but my nephew lived there last year and I liked that it was controlled access and had parking underneath. There is a new complex being built to open in the fall that would also be walking distance to the stadium. It’s called 513.</p>

<p>* A year ago, this child did not even know the rules of football. Now it seems access to the stadium on game days is priority #1. Roll Tide. *</p>

<p>It’s funny when this happens. My older son had NO interest in football prior to attending Bama, but he caught the fever, too. Spending a day on the Quad and in BD Stadium is amazing.</p>

<p>My son lives at 7th and bryant denny very close to the school and to the stadium…His apartment is really nice, but not fancy. Owen, Meredith and Sons is the realtor agency. It is great to be so close to the school and the stadium…we are walking to the stadium today. The location is great…check it out.</p>

<p>Thanks for the replies; I’ll have to check them out. Isn’t there something called the Lofts opening up in downtown? I am suggesting to DD that she should look for a 2 person apt. More expensive, but quieter and less potential for drama.</p>

<p>She is living at Sterling this year, and it is true the management is kind of sloppy. No big issues, but not impressive. I do prefer the security of these places, though.</p>

<p>Does anyone know how kids living at the Bluff or Retreat get to campus on game days?</p>

<p>Yes, there are The Lofts opening in Downtown, but that’s quite a distance away unless you have a car.</p>

<p>I haven’t seen the details on The Lofts, but I was guessing that they’ll be upscale and appealing to the many attorneys who live/work in that area. There are a ton of law offices Downtown because the Federal Court House and County Court House are there.</p>

<p>Just checked. I’m wrong. The Lofts are geared to students. That was surprising. Thought that because of the location they would be geared towards the young professional.</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.ApartmentsAlabama.com/Brochure/PID-1828-ypr0bw1g.1t4.jpg[/url]”>http://www.ApartmentsAlabama.com/Brochure/PID-1828-ypr0bw1g.1t4.jpg&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p><a href=“http://www.tuscaloosaapartmentguide.com/Alabama/Tuscaloosa/Apartment/1828.html[/url]”>http://www.tuscaloosaapartmentguide.com/Alabama/Tuscaloosa/Apartment/1828.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Is it standard practice, then, to just pay the 12 month rent ? Thank you.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Are you asking if the leases are for 12 months? Yes. </p>

<p>And for student apts, you often only lease YOUR bedroom…so the prices are “per person”…not per apt.</p>

<p>She does have a car, but wants to be sure she can get to the games no matter what. And yes, she does know she’s spoiled!</p>

<p>Thanks m2k.</p>

<p>“She does have a car, but wants to be sure she can get to the games no matter what. And yes, she does know she’s spoiled!”</p>

<p>Too funny. But, still, I think it would be better for her to be within walking distance. Having to pay for parking on gameday might be a pain…unless her complex would have gameday shuttles to and from the stadium.</p>

<p>Students with parking permits are allowed to park in the upper Rec Center lot for free on gameday until space runs out. I is reserved for students only until noon and then becomes open to others for $30. Students can continue to park for free until it becomes full.</p>

<p>Good to know. Thanks</p>