are any UCs good journalism/communications colleges?

<p>i'm currently a californian and i don't want to be too much of a burden on my parents so it'd probably be best if i attend a UC. journalism is a major i'd like to consider pursuing, but i haven't heard of any UCs which do an especially good job of teaching the major. does anyone have any suggestions? :) thanks!</p>

<p>None of the UCs offer an undergrad major in journalism. Berkeley has a graduate program in journalism, but that’s it. You may consider attending UCLA or Cal, majoring in political science or English and working extensively on their student newspapers. </p>

<p>UC Irvine offers a literary journalism major, or something to that effect, but its curriculum does not prepare students for a career in journalism.</p>

<p>Pepperdine and USC have excellent journalism programs. You can apply there and see what kind of aid you get. It’s costing me less to attend Pepperdine than it would a UC. You never know.</p>

<p>None of the UCs have a journalism major, which is mainly why I’m not going to one… If you must stay in CA then you can major in English or some other liberal art and then potentially study journalism in grad school.</p>