Are the Admissions Folks on Crack?

<p>My D was rejected (hs class '08) from Wisconsin and we are STILL irritated about it, even though she’s totally happy at her school. </p>

<p>3.8 gpa
29 ACT
multiple leadership positions, including Board of Ed student rep
Show Choir 4 years
etc, etc-</p>

<p>Talked in her essay about how her family was from Wisconsin going back 5 generations, and how she wanted to be part of that history, as her grandfather had graduated from Wisconsin law school…</p>

<p>We are from California.</p>

<p>^ wow, great stats & what sounds like a moving essay. & they rejected that?! dayum…</p>

<p>Yes. Yes they are. I’m not even thinking about this school, and I can tell they are. It’s insane.</p>

<p>LMAO, I hope they are! xD</p>

<p>I heard that sometimes if you have too good scores and ecs for the school’s standard, they reject you because they know that you think of the school as a safety…</p>

<p>wow dude, i feel for you</p>

<p>i’m from wisconsin and we had a kid from our small limited means high school who had a 3.4 and ACT of 24 or 25 get in… they are really dumb for rejecting you</p>

<p>OP, that is really unbelievable that they’d reject someone with those kind of stats. And elizabeth, your daughter seemed a perfect fit for admission too.</p>

<p>This is really strange. My hs counselor generally told me NOT to choose large, state flagship schools as safeties because their acceptance rate deviates greatly every year. In 2008, UW’s acceptance rate was around 55%, in 2009 it went down to 52% but then they accepted around 300 kids (70 OOS among then) from the waitlist, so its a very very odd system that the big state schools run on.</p>

<p>The sad fact is that in this competitive environment a 29 ACT is just OK…it’s not great. I would say that did not work in her favor.</p>

<p>Regarding the 2008 and 2009 acceptance rates. The yield changed and admissions needed to back off on the acceptances so they would not crowd the freshmen courses, one needs more data to understand the admissions picture. This year is even harder to figure out with the major economic swings.</p>

<p>I was just recently accepted and your stats are a lot better than mine! </p>

<p>27 ACT
3.9 G.P.A. (weighted) 3.8 (unweighted)
Top 5% (16/324)
2 AP classes
In state
2 Recommendation Letters
5 extracurricular activities during High School</p>

<p>Just thought people should know Dultuh was a fake.</p>

<p>You expect people to accept that just because you said it?</p>

<p>Curious as to how you know. But beyond that, I have been told for a second time by a guidance person that from what she has seen and heard from her colleagues the stats of those being accepted are pretty much the same as last year.</p>

<p>I attempted to contact him several ways as I had a very important message for him dealing with his application. No response. I can only assume it was a fake post.</p>

<p>Perhaps he just doesn’t want to get too personal with you, a complete stranger? Or he isn’t very active on this site? Lol at you thinking it’s fake just because he’s not answering you…</p>

<p>It just did not add up and I spoke with some adcoms I know at UW and they said–no way he would be rejected. That equals fake in my book when you see how few posts he had here. Around here if it does not pass the smell test it’s usually a faker. We had one last year with a similar fake post. I found that there was no way they were what they said they were–they never came back to counter my claim. I bet he does not either.</p>

<p>Your story makes me so so scared.</p>