Are the dorms open?

<p>My dear CC family, at the insistence of my parents, I am either driving back tomorrow or Monday. Since I would really prefer to have more than one day before classes begin to recuperate, I am going to try to drive back tomorrow. The issue is, I won’t have a place to stay unless the dorms are open. </p>

<p>Some people and little birds have told me that the dorms are indeed open. I was wondering if anyone could confirm or deny this rumor. If they could, I would really, REALLY appreciate it. Or if anyone else has an idea of where I could stay, I’d love to hear it. I’m iffy on a hotel room because 1)expense and 2)you often have to be 21 to rent on, and I unfortunately have not reached that golden age. Thanks!!</p>

<p>I know that some RA’s are back for training and are living in their normal rooms, so the dorms should be open. The weather alert e-mail seemed to think that everyone was scheduled to arrive by Sunday the 9th and said it was okay if students arrived later, so I’d assume that the dorms are open tomorrow after 10am. </p>

<p>If worse comes to worse, hotels tend to be somewhat lenient on their age policies during adverse weather conditions or unexpected events provided you have a major credit card.</p>

<p>If you don’t have the number in your phone already, I’d highly recommend putting UAPD’s number in there as they could probably help you should the housing office be closed. Their number is (205) 348-5454.</p>