Are the things I hear true?

<p>Hello all, I had a quick couple of questions and I have seen some answers but I am still a bit foggy. I have been accepted into Iowa and thats is where I really want to go but I am applying to other schools, see where I get the most money etc. I was just wondering, is West Lafayette a college town? I am not really a science or math guy and I might want to be a lawyer, will it really make much of a diffrence if I go to Purdue, obviously an engineering school or a more liberal arts all around type college. Is there a lot of school spirit and are stadiums and arenas packed on gamedays? Thanks alot in advance.</p>

<p>Uh I can answer one question based off a visit. West Lafayette is indeed a college town… Other then that I have the same questions as you.</p>

<p>West Lafayette is a very college town. Lots of businesses have college student employees, and a lot if people you’ll encounter in town are college kids. And a lot of my townie friends have parents that work for the university. </p>

<p>Sports are huge at Purdue. We’re a big ten school, so conference season is huge. The football stadium student section was packed yesterday (at least at the beginning.) We have touchdown Mondays at the university bookstore where it’s 5% off per touchdown scored for a winning home game. After the eastern Michigan game, it was 40% of and looked like Black Friday. It was pretty crazy. </p>

<p>And as for the liberal arts thing, I have a friend who came all the way from Texas for her poli sci degree with the intention to apply to law school. So there are definitely others looking to go down that path.</p>