Are the UHP and IHP essays taken into account in CBHP admissions?

<p>I believe I’ve seen this question discussed on these boards before, but I’ve read conflicting answers, so I wanted to ask again.</p>

<p>Are the UHP and IHP essays taken into account in CBHP admissions? Right now, I have clear, concise answers of about 800 characters apiece, but I’m wondering if polishing and expanding them would do any good with regards to CBHP, or if they’re just separate admissions processes.</p>

<p>Thanks for taking the time to read and answer! I’ve found the UA board incredibly helpful and welcoming throughout my college search, which (along with the NMF package, of course) is what initially sold me on the school. (And then I visited…) Roll tide!</p>

<p>I believe that they are totally separate. M2CK will likely confirm this soon.</p>

<p>I highly doubt that they matter.</p>

<p>Last year, only the CBH essays were used. I imagine the UFE is that same. I think that if they were a consideration then that would be indicated somewhere.</p>

<p>Okay, thanks!</p>

<p>I personally think that “every” component of your application: your resume, your essay, etc. should be done with the utmost care and consideration. You should always present yourself in the best possible way.</p>

<p>The IHP and UHP essays are not part of the application to CBHP and are not meant to be used in the CBHP application evaluation process.</p>

<p>That said, robotbldmom’s advice is pretty spot-on, because the CBHP selection committee members will be able to see those other essays, even if they are not evaluating them specifically.</p>

<p>I am not really sure who sees what, but I always believe in being prepared by presenting yourself in the best light. :)</p>