Are there Online AP Classes?

Hi! I was wondering if anyone knows what online resources there are for AP classes that offer live instruction. I know about The Potter’s School as well as PA Homeschoolers but I wanted to see if there were others out there. I’d like to check out all the different options before deciding which one to choose. We are not looking for a comprehensive school. Just a place where you can take one or two AP classes.

Thank you so much for your help!

VHS Learning (Virtual HIgh School) VHS Learning | VHS Learning

1 Like

Are you in PA? I am in NC and NC Homeschoolers can access the state’s NC Virtual Public School for online classes. Looks like they may allow out of state students too. You are being redirected... Or maybe PA has a similar program?

1 Like

Thank you! I looked at the website and it doesn’t appear that they have live instruction. I could be wrong. But we are looking for AP classes that meet at least twice a week online for live instruction. Thank you for responding though. I really appreciate it. =)

Some of the NCVPS classes do have live instruction, but I’m not sure about AP English specifically.

1 Like

Thank you!! =)

One of my kids had a friend who took a foreign language class and that for sure had live instruction. It might vary by the class.

That’s good to know. =)

1 Like

Blue Tent is another option.

1 Like

K12 has AP courses that are designated as “teacher-led” which have a synchronous component. I don’t know much beyond that and don’t have experience with this program.

1 Like

Sorry for the delayed reply. I finally was able to check out Blue Tent and it looks interesting. Has any of your children taken classes there? Do you/they like the classes?

Mine have not taken any classes there, but I heard good things about it on The Well-Trained Mind forum.

1 Like

https://www.aphomeschoolers.com/
The first online school offering AP classes for homeschoolers. The most well known one. Most students scored really good.

1 Like