Are UC admissions results released on line or by snail mail?

<p>Appreciate the comments of all those who’ve received their admissions results from UC last year? On-line or by snail mail?</p>

<p>Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>i think online first~
they all have their own secured sites for fresh applicants~
so yes online.
idk about lower UC's. im talking about ucb,la,sd~ irvine as well, idk others</p>

<p>Online first, then acceptances by snailmail</p>

<p>Well, true except for the quasi-unofficial routes of notification. </p>

<p>For example, UCSB invites a number of applicants to parties prior to the date of online decisions, and at that party tells them they were all accepted. They stick to the letter of the law for the UC system on notification dates, but manage to clue in their most desired students earlier. Guaranteed admission letters are sent by UCR, I understand, well before the March results are posted online. </p>

<p>Pretty analogous to how the Ivies signed a contract to inform applicants at roughly the same time but manage to send 'likely letters' and use other methods to skirt the agreement for their most desired applicants.</p>

<p>Will we be emailed or do we have to constantly check each UC's respective admissions website.</p>

<p>basically the process is that you hound the web sites even well in advance of the expected decision. As the date nears, you read CC obsessively and rush with every rumor to check once again on the admissions web sites. On the expected date, you refresh your checks to the UC on one browser window while reading CC to find out if others have gotten through. </p>

<p>Many of the schools send snail mail, usually an envelope with several brochures, forms and the official offer letter, but in fact you see it online and then in print but not by email.</p>

<p>I just got my Irvine acceptance today.</p>

<p>They email you first, and then you can check your "changed status" online. The address will be given to you in your email.</p>

<p>Lame right? Why can't they send out letters, lol... That's wasteful... but much more exciting.</p>

<p>is it just me, or does everyone else also, think UCI online app status sucks? i can't find it................................................idk how to navigate!</p>

<p>yeah. UCIs website sucks. You click on the link on the email and then click on the moving blue yellow banner to the left that says myapp something.</p>

<p>what's the link for ucla?</p>

<p>You guys, whats snail mail?</p>

<p>Snail mail is an admissions packet in the mail. </p>

<p>For us last year the first place you could find out was by logging on to myadmissions. The second place was via an email sent by the school, and the third place was an acceptance packet in the mail.</p>

<p>not sure about the angst with UCI's site: when D opened it up, it says Congratulations.... in script blue and gold (if I recall correctly).</p>

<p>Yeah, I agree. I haven't really checked the other UC's, but it took me a long time to see my "acceptance." </p>

<p>There was also a "notification" that said some random things about alternative majors, and they ask you to click on an acknowledgement before getting you to the page you want to see...</p>

<p>=[ I haven't heard from UCI yet.</p>

<p>Apparently UCI already sent the first batch out, though it seems to be aimed at mostly those who were already accepted ELC wise.</p>

<p>I'm ELC, but I didn't receive mine yet.</p>

<p>I'm not ELC, but I received my acceptance from UCI.</p>

<p>^ I'm ELC as well, and I haven't heard anything....</p>

<p>I got accepted... When will I get my packet in the mail?</p>