Are UC admissions results released on line or by snail mail?

<p>Acceptances and how received:</p>

<p>UC Riverside-recieved email and next day snail mail.
Logged on to UC Irvine-checked off box that I might not get my first choice major (undecided).
Immediately after that, I found a page on their site that said that I was accepted. Next day received congratulations email.
After that, logged onto all sites and found I have been accepted to Merced but have never received email or snail mail from them.</p>

<p>I received an invitation to the UCSB reception "for high-achieving applicants." Is it really true that they will tell us we have been accepted at the reception?!? I hadn't decided to attend or not yet.</p>

<p>^I got the same thing, but I'm not attending.</p>

<p>yummymango - you are a definite acceptance at UCSB if you received that. Further, they only pick the most appealing applicants. Not every person accepted to UCSB gets that invitation. If this is a safety that you might attend or a campus you might like, it might be good to go and ask some questions after they congratulate you.</p>

<p>sorespectable - no commitment on your part by going to the reception. Kind of nice to get at least one definite acceptance and you can ask questions that might be useful once you have all the decisions and need to pick a school.</p>